System Pics 2019

26 Likes

Not tried posting a photo yet so here goes.

30 Likes

Merry Christmas. :christmas_tree: :santa:

36 Likes

Lovely photo, RackKit.

2 Likes

Update with addition of 552, full SL and a few other bits and bobs. Early days but sounds very nice already :grinning::grinning::grinning:

7 Likes

How do you stop everything sliding off?

17 Likes

Wonder how the turntable works on that angle

2 Likes

I remember a demonstration at my school back in the late 1960s of a B&O Beogram playing a record while held at that sort of angle. The person demonstrating it was very proud of this feature. I think that the ‘weight’ was provided by a spring pulling the arm towards the deck.

Thanks Nigel.

16 Likes

Looks great. What’s the next upgrade now you have the 552?

The next upgrade for @biddler66 is learning how to rotate his images so they display the right way up! :smiley:

5 Likes

He might need a Naim spirit level! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

@Dan_M and @RackKit Ha, I know, I really need to sort out the pics but TBH I cant be bothered at mo as listening to music ! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: as an aside I muck about with cars and the Fraim was built with an inclinometer so should be flat :grinning: :grinning: As for upgrades, my source is an RP10/Aph2/Aria and I like them a lot. I suppose obvious thing would be 500 and full fraim but I am in no rush, very much enjoying the 552 and all it does that has been mentioned on here all the time. It really is a wonderful bit of kit and brings so much to the party. Sometimes the journey is better than the destination so I will prob stick with what I have for a while and just enjoy the music. At the end of the day I was not looking for a 552, I was actually after a DAC ! I must use more self control …

3 Likes

I know what you mean about self control! I wasn’t looking for 300DR and that led to a 552, which prompted a CD555, that pushed me to a 500DR. It’s been a busy year.

The sporty car I promised myself this year will have to wait a few years now. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@RackKit without wanting to go off topic cars are over rated :grinning: :grinning: I did not have enough time to run my race car so sold that, and my road sports car was not getting used enough and TBH was just too fast for public roads. I am better off sitting indoors with the family listening to music :innocent: :innocent:

6 Likes

I’m sure you’ll be back in the car when spring & summer return. Maybe now is the time for me to find a bargain sports. :wink:

Anyway, back on topic…

2 Likes

Been an expensive year of upgrades. 82 serviced and made special. 135s serviced. NDS and 555 PS purchased. Two full fraim stacks, hiline. LP12 cirkus and Kore upgrades. I enjoy motoring too. Beamer always brings smile to my face !! :smiley:

4 Likes

Speakers fighting for space with Christmas decorations, Christmas plants. And plants. :grinning:

26 Likes

Hi @RackKit forgive my ignorance but what is the Naim device on the right most part of your picture?