System Pics 2019

Haha!! They are Titan ones, I bought them bot expecting an uplift but hoped they would be of less interest to my youngest son who was seating the foam pipe lagging pieces! They worked REALLY well in terms of deterring eating but they also worked well for the sound. Subtle but a definite increase in quality for almost zero outlay vs everything else!

One more holiday / pet / system pic:

31 Likes

Not a great picture of the system, but here we go. My Uniti and Guru not in this one…

24 Likes

A pic of my Holbo air-bearing table, I really enjoy this table, always had a fascination with linear trackers. Most seem quite complicated and difficult to set up, not to mention looking somewhat like oil rigs-not that there is necessarily anything wrong with that! :grin:

13 Likes

Hugely tasteful looking set-up, would love to hear those speakers :+1:t3: ATB Peter

1 Like

Thank you Peter, I really do enjoy omnis, and the Venus has been a wonderful, easy to live with speaker.

I realize this is a Naim forum, and my main system is not Naim, but I think it is okay to show it, maybe? I do enjoy my Uniti almost everyday, it is all about the music, no matter what it is played on.

Merry Christmas all!

3 Likes

Absolutely! There are rules for this forum, but that’s not one of them!

3 Likes

I like the advice to “start with Yes”. Maybe The Yes Album or Fragile for starters?

2 Likes

Ok hear is mine, nice few enhancements this year.
NDX to NDX2
Full Fraim
HiLine to Super Lumina
All on Powerlines
Cisco 2960

:+1:t2:

23 Likes

Node 2i
555DR
250DR

Playing around with the Node 2i at the moment using Amazon HD as a streaming source, I know it’s not best placed at the moment sat on top of the 272 but hopefully a new Fraim shelf will be arriving soon.

All the best !!

24 Likes

I think your choice of having the SN on the top shelf looks much better. Very nice.

1 Like

Do you think, I am not convinced it sounds better tho.

Having the kit in that corner behind the speaker, you might get some bass standing waves. I don’t know how much bass comes out behind those speakers, so might not be an issue.
But having the SN on the bottom shelf might be more sensitive if there was.
Maybe try the hicap on the bottom, empty shelf then the ND and SN on top.

Fantastic, @Crispy! I celebrate the upgrade, cheap, cheap… Probably even the NDX2, at just 10 Kgs., will appreciate a bronze less and only 3 optimize it, :wink:.

Cheers!

How’s the Node into 272 compare to streaming of 272?

1 Like

I haven’t setup the Node 2i to stream local files so hard to compare but it’s doing a great job with Amazon HD.

When I get chance I will compare local files via both devices but I think there will be a fag paper between them as the Node is connected via toslink so using the 272 dac and powered by the 555dr.

1 Like

Curious what you find once you compare.

Hi Westcroft,
How would you describe the Ekstras? Happy with them? I see you have them well removed from the rear wall. My understanding with Bob Surgener was the Ekstras were tolerant to tight spaces…
Thanks!

Having had them for 6 months I can only say I am delighted with the Ekstras. I’m sure they would be tolerant of a location tighter to the rear wall. For my ears they are pretty near to perfect 18 inches or so out. Tremendously realistic musical presentation - I listen mainly to classical music and some jazz. I certainly will not be looking to change a thing for a good while. Thanks for asking.

3 Likes

Very good, thanks for your answer!