System Pics 2019

Hi, Timmo,

Well, when I worked offshore in the oil and gas industry, the A & K, and it’s iPod predecessor were in everyday use, usually for hours on end.

Since retiring, the iPod lives in the car, hooked into the sound system. Since everything on there was ripped in WAV, it doesn’t sound too bad, and I’ll now have to see if I can’t interface the A & K likewise, for something of an SQ boost.

Whether it’s because it hasn’t been used since I retired, or more likely the advancing years, who knows, but you’re right, imagine forgetting about it … though I prefer to think of it as a pleasant discovery this morning! :hugs:

My humble offering…

31 Likes

Lovely B77!:sunglasses:

Restored by a company that still services Studers
at Abbey Road. A labour of love!

1 Like

Love that Revox R2R :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

My portable system based around a Sony WM-1Z. Used singled ended with Shure SE846 IEMs at work and balanced via Sony MDR-Z1R headphones at home.

9 Likes

That side table is wonderful.

I havn’t heard the Q3 but love my SR3 Signature. I’m told that Ole K did use Naim amps when he developed the SR speaker.

I would!!!

1 Like

Hi James,

I currently use a Chord Mojo and Poly together with my phone because when I’m mobile I use Qobuz. Does the Sony WM-1Z allow the use of streaming service applications? I have read that some use the Android OS, and can access the Google Play store to load third party apps, like Qobuz. Is this the case with the WM-1Z? I also use Shure SE846 IEMs and Sennheiser ie800 earpods. How do you like the Shures with the Sony?

Yes please, take away this stuff and show the real costly system.

1 Like

Some Sony players do run Android, such as the previous top of the range ZX2, and although it only runs 4.1, it does mean you can run Tidal, iPlayer etc. etc. as well as streaming from local storage. The new top flight players have been optimised for best sound from onboard storage, so lack this versatility.
I do recall reading somewhere that there may be a solution to this at some point, but perhaps that was somebody’s wishful thinking.

2 Likes

I’ve finally plucked up the courage to post a picture of my system…

43 Likes

The upgrade option in the SR serie is defiently very attractive.
I’m dreaming on going active with a Snaxo but doubt I will ever spent that kind of money.

I only listen to vinyl via my Rega RP8 / Aria Riaa / Ania MC cartridge
On my wish list is a Naim CD5 as well. There is around 4000 CDs in the house.

System installation Pic . Just been installing some ATC HTS7 on walll speakers with a Uniti Atom for my parents . Today was just about fitting the speaker cables before decorating . We did listen to the Atom in replace of their Unitiqute last night with their Neat Iotas and we all said WOW after 5 seconds from cold . The Atom is very very impressive and beautifully built . A quick listen to the ATC’s impressive too !

16 Likes

Very tasteful decor. Looks gorgeous.

Yes a Naim DAP would be great but carrying about the 555 dr needed to power it would be a bit of a pain

4 Likes

Thank you @CBR600. It is an excellent room acoustically too IMO, but I am biased of course :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, nice system!
Have you tried the 1038 spiked and toed in a bit?

4 Likes

Thank you. It’s getting a bit long-in-the-tooth now, but I love it. They’re actually 1037’s and they are spiked. As to toe-in, I’ve tried all degrees in the past (and have the back pain to prove it). I prefer them almost, but not quite, parallel. Our listening position is more than 4m away.

Atb
Steve