System Pics 2019

Thanks James, quite a bit or effort choosing a replacement for the PMC Fact 8’s. The focals have a very different presentation that suit my room better than the fact 8’s did - less attacking and high end tst, tst, tst, siblince that was becoming quite fatiguing

Gary

1 Like

Magnificent :+1::+1::+1:

Do the pinecones at the back reduce electrical interference?:grin:

What’s that beauty on the right under the TV?

Thank you.:slight_smile:

What make are your speakers?

Looks great. Love the art work, too.

2 Likes

Radford STA15. NAP160 actually has similar sound, but I’ve not had a chance to do in-depth comparisons.

It used to show my previous Audiolab a clean pair of heels.

Turntable is Garrard 301 bought in the 90s for peanuts just before prices went through the roof!

Daughter playing with pinecones :grinning:

It’s insane how much they sell for nowadays. I guess the original owners who sold them have come to that moment in life that they have plenty of ££ and want to relive the earlier years :grin:

These are DIY speakers. Called Vifa Vivace '94.

1 Like

What are the model of the speakers…Look amazing. oh and I also this the wall art is superb…
B

I think they are Focal Kanta 2s. Very nice sounding speakers, and easy to drive.

1 Like

Do you just use a spanner (wrench) to extend the legs with them fully weighted by the black boxes?

Indeed they are Kanta2’s - less anylitical then the old focal range. To me they sound like Focal is going in a better direction…
Thanks
Gary

My modest setup. Running into a pair of LS50s on Partington Super Dreadnoughts. I used to have a full rack of Olive kit, but I got married and it was deemed “ugly” and unnecessary.

I’m divorced now, so every cloud and all that.

37 Likes

Very nice Tristan but don’t leave the display on the streamer as it will shorten it’s life.

2 Likes

Latest addition is the Universal arm on my Clearaudio Ovation. I have also been auditioning a gently used Dynavector XV-1s cartridge that I am likely to purchase. I think Solti/LSO Mahler 2 on Decca just sealed the deal.

24 Likes

The spikes on the bottom have holes for a tommy bar, supplied along with a spanner for the locknut.
Page 6 of the manual shows the detail. https://www.naimaudio.com/sites/default/files/products/downloads/files/fraim_reference-manual_multi-language_issue2c.pdf

Be very careful with a loaded Fraim; with such added weight it’s quite easy to blunt or bend the tips of the spikes or bore into the floor. I always do final levelling once the Fraim is built up and I ensure that the top most platform is perfectly level. Then tighten the spikes up.

1 Like