System Pics 2019

Oooh! Nice rack! What is the brand name?

Norstone Esse

Not mine but still a very nice system.

16 Likes

The little guy likes the new Mu So.

17 Likes

That wonderful rack, the same width as the tv, brings the whole system together beautifully. A pleasure to look at and I bet it sounds great. Well done. Who makes the rack?

1 Like

Only change since last year is ND555 for NDS.

40 Likes

Just a nice small change then👍

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a real stunner. I like it. (Top shelf might be a bit “springy” for a TT unless the supports are very solid?)

That’s at the top-end of my taste-range for “imposing” but I actually like it a lot.

Yes I know what you mean but that’s active I guess. My dealer once in a light moment (at least I hope it was) suggested replacing the 3 250s with 500s at which point I ran screaming from the room. It would look like an electricity sub station!

If the NBLs ever give up I think I would look at ATC active speakers which would considerably reduce the box count obviously.

Norstone - they are located in France :fr:

I have the same fear regarding my NBLs, but since I drive mine passively, my choice of potential replacement is broader. The Fact 12 is a definite contender, as is the Kudos Titan 707. The latter can, of course, be driven actively so you’d not need to swap your 250s.

what are the isolation feet under the 272?

Those are IsoAcoustics Orea Bordeaux, three per amp.

Naim have given up on the idea of providing an active crossover for Kudos Titan range, well for the time being anyway, which is a great shame.

The Signals end of year summary, indicates, it’s still possible, if you and they really want the journey?

You asked me some days ago if I’m happy with my set up, just check the topic below :
Front panel- discolored

With that -not really :anguished:

It looks like Focal have crushed the idea. Still, Exposure have stepped in instead, so it may still be an option.

The end of year Signals roundup on their website indicates that’s it’s not easy but they can do it. Meant to ask yesterday, but they were busy when I popped in for some minor upgrade products😬

Yes it’s an issue, I have even considered buying a second pair when they rarely appear to keep for spares and replacement case of need but I’m firmly in the ‘cross that bridge when I come to it’ camp at present.