System Pics 2019

1. Buy it, hook it up and you’re done.
    LP12 needs constant access to your bank account. But it’s your money so which do you REALLY want.

(OK LP12 owners, sharpen yer claws and get stuck in…:smiling_imp:)

1 Like

Tongue in cheek Graeme, I would always upgrade a Naim preamp if the sources were sorted. I just happen to prefer vinyl to digital, but it’s not a serious suggestion.

1 Like

brilliant!

1 Like

Yes they do. I am awaiting a 250/282/HiCap to arrive shortly so I needed the extra rack to space things out a bit. Getting rid of my Cyrus Monobloks but keeping the CD player and streamer for a while at least. So with my LP12 and Uphorik Phonostage as well things would have looked a bit cramped!

:call_me_hand::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for seeing this and for your perception.

You do see some humour.

Thanks again !

:grinning:

2 Likes

Finally, the Two boxes set is done, 200 lets place to 250dr, the Tamino’s had room for improvement, I ear it clearly.
This is the level I’m satisfied with and cost me (Again…) 116$ of music yesturday on prostudio masters site. Fun to come.

12 Likes

Is that a Sora-Shop dust cover on your TT? If so, congrats - I have one of those too.

My little active none Naim setup in the caravan

Sounds rather good !

8 Likes

On post 717 of this thread I said I had finally plucked up courage to post a picture of my system. After reading the last two days on this thread, I will not do that again.

2 Likes

please! don’t fear! i posted my hideous speakers platforms more above…

1 Like

Still looks good to me! I can guess now what comments may be coming my way should I bother posting mine! Hey ho, still sounds good to me, I like the way it looks, and I get to have domestic harmony. Pix to follow after decorating finished!

1 Like

Dynaudio Special 40 in the evening light

28 Likes

Lovely systems Mark. Curious how the Supernait / NDX 2 compares to the Nova. Can you summarize your impressions?

I really like this speaker from the stand, my compliments

3 Likes

We’re on holiday at the moment, so have had only a week with the new babies. It’s certainly been more of a step up than I was expecting, and I’m a big fan of the Nova. The NDX2 has remarkable detail retrieval, some albums sound like new recordings, very clear with a lot of separation around the sounds. The SN2 has a more solid presentation, especially with more complex rock pieces at volume and more solid bass, my speakers (Totem Forest Signatures) like the extra current, overall more cohesive and “in the room”.

The other noticeable improvement is the absence of background noise, especially when using headphones. I’m not sure whether that’s the NDX2 or the DR technology in the SN2?

Anyway, they are both great systems for different situations. I’m really glad I went with the NDX2/SN2 option for a two box solution, it’s certainly a great match.

4 Likes

I have a pair of 3 shelf Blok Stax 300’s in oak with black glass and I’m quite happy with them. They don’t cost the earth and look like furniture too…!

2 Likes

Nice! Is the grey growing on you @Hollow?

Yes for sure, not mad about the glossy finish though but that would be the same with the red. It’s interesting how they photograph differently then reality, the grey being a lot darker and the red not as vibrant, probably down to the reflectivity of the gloss I guess. Very happy otherwise and they might just be keepers.

1 Like

Yes there’s always ‘stuff’ especially in a family room. Do you think that having a piano between your speakers adversely affects the sound (or perhaps the speakers adversely affect the sound of the piano)…

:grin:

13 Likes