System Pics 2020

That’s right, indeed. But considering the short distance between the listening position and the back wall, diffusion isn’t the best choice to make. And the fact that the back wall is made of windows, diffusers like those used on the front wall are far too heavy to be installed.

I chose the “black hole” option, which means: 6 big GIK Monster Bass Traps and a highly absorbing curtain. Reflection from the back wall is reduced to the minimum from 60-65Hz up to 5kHz (or more).

The diffusers between the speakers provide a correct RT60, while keeping some liveness to the room.

The whole thing is of course a compromise. But the measured result is pretty ok. In fact, I’m quite proud of it.

My subjective reference is a pair of Magico M2 driven by a Soulution 711 in a 120 square meters room.

The acoustic treatment brought me some of that airiness, details and stereo imaging.

And, of course, I never do final subjective testing myself. My unbiased beta tester is my wife :wink:

Super clean looking system, very nice.
Gary

@rob-z

Nice rig…simple…attractive… :beers:

So what was diagnosed with the SN2 ?

OK thanks for explanation, anyway where did you get your diffuser behind your speakers they look good, and was the gik impression panel’s which I am considering an option for you behind your speakers.?

1 Like

Hi I have similar system but I have not got 555ps dr only xps non Dr. What do you think of the 300dr with 555dr.

A detailed answer

K
4 x : Vicoustic Super Bass Extrem (back corner)

H
9 x : Vicoustic Multifuser Wood 64 White

C
3 x : Vicoustic Multifuser DC2 white (cute/adjusted)

E
16 x : Vicoustic Cinema Round Premium

A
2 x : GIK Monster Bass Traps - Thickness 28cm

B
2 x : GIK Monster Bass Traps -Thickness 20cm

D
4 x : GIK Monster Bass Traps with Membrane Tech
Thickness 17cm + 2,5 cm air gap.

F+G
4 x : Vicoustic Cinema Round Premium
+
Streamer Pro – Acoustic veil

L
6 x : GIK Monster Bass Traps - Thickness 17cm
+

Not on the pictures
1 x : GIK Monster Bass Traps ( 180cm x 55cm) - Thickness 17cm
+

I wanted to keep as plain as possible. I chose the Abodo White fabric option (which in fact isn’t really white). The printed option can be hazardous. Once one gets bored of the printing…

11 Likes

Thanks for details it does make a huge difference to sound, which a lot of people don’t recognise for some reason thanks again your room looks fantastic.

1 Like

@Thomas I guess the logical conclusion is that my setup is massively sub-optimal since I have absolutely none of these contraptions in my living room and probably never will have. Can only imagine how nice your room must sound…

1 Like

I would state it differently, the room interaction is kept to a minimum. Which means more direct sound from the speakers and less reflexions from the walls.

The system sounds really fantastic, to my ears. But also to my wife’s and friend’s.

I had a lot of fun learning about acoustics.

4 Likes

Need to figure out the logistics of where to put my step-up and dac. AQVOX switch made a nice improvement on other side of room with its own conditioner which also powers my media server and NAS.

13 Likes

In this time of Covid 19 i finally reorganized main system with two new Fraim bases and leve whichl i had already at home for a few months.
System one, i also rearranged and cleaned the bookshelf and tied up the desk.

Syestm 2

System 3

Regards
Roberto

29 Likes

Stacking police not withstanding… your gear and set up looks awesome.

1 Like

Might be worth investing in some Fraim Chips.
Great system. Enjoy.

1 Like

Audiovector SR3 Avantgarde Arretè with Naim gear :grinning:

41 Likes

How these Avantgarde sound with Naim? They are efficient speakers? Nice looking!

Definitely! what I do like with Audiovector is that they are universal so every kind of music sounds great. In my opinion they are a perfect match with the Naim gear.

Thanks!

1 Like

What a system! Beautiful job.

1 Like

So nice to see a system and room set up with sound quality in mind ! Bravo

@rsch

What are the green (?) covers on the amps -in the first pic - for?

A tweak (tell us more!) or just dust control?

Lovely to have so many setups!

Loving the Green Rega