System Pics 2020

Now that makes CD storage a rather nice feature rather than a messy storage imposition.

I just want to walk up to that unit and see what music ya got.

Very nice!

1 Like

Without a doubt, my favourite listening room on here. Reminds me that itā€™s all about the music in the end.

The purists would be having kittens, but I love it!

3 Likes

Great system and setup = congrats! How happy are you with your neat sx7i?

After recent upgrade :grinning:

System now comprises : 272, 555DR, 300DR and Focal Sopra 2
(before upgrade was : 272, XPSDR, 250DR and the Sopra 2)

63 Likes

ADS mounted on RPi4, Volumio on smart tv browser :wink:

Nice setup AhTiong did you try the 555DR or the 300DR first to compare the item that brought the biggest upgrade.

Very nice system. Iā€™m curious as to what is between your (Wireworld ?) mains cable and the wall socket ?

Thank you HiFiman.

Good point. I didnā€™tā€¦ I went for both simultaneously. Both units are about a month old now and the overall upgrade is very significant, lots more detail, better timing, sound is more punchy and forward in a nice way (and speakers sound as if they were higher), some first soundstageing improvements but hoping to achieve more there. Probably need to tweak speaker positioning a bit more (to bring them further away from wall and a corner)

Thanks James.
yes it looks awkwardā€¦ itā€™s actually an adaptation from US to 3 pin plug designed by the guy who sold me the Wireworld

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great system - itā€™s what Iā€™ve got other than different speakers. Talking of the speakers; might it be possible to move them a bit further apart? Your comment about the speakers seeming taller - that is precisely what I found when I went from a 250 to a 300.

Thanks Hungryhalibut, and I do remember reading your comment on the speakers seeming taller, before i made the purchase.

As for speaker positioning, Iā€™m a bit stuck between having them more apart with one close to a corner or vice versa.

or otherwise I would need to impact significantly how furniture and all is placed in this room and that would not work too well with my wifeā€¦

1 Like

The guy in the artwork is going to get highā€¦ :wink: :v: :v:

1 Like

And hopefully even higher with more upgrades in the future :innocent:

1 Like

Itā€™s in very great part Jazz (and jazzy music). Thereā€™s some rock, some blues, a fair amount of brazilian and a bit of Latin.

Iā€™m sure that made it less attractive to many :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah okay, as we are all self isolating the temptation of trying the 300 grows but my 250 is no slouch.

1 Like

Could you try abandoning the table lamp on the left to get the speakers a bit further apart?

Right up my street, Cemil.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very nice 4-box system!

Iā€™m surprised @anon4489532 didnā€™t mention it, but the bottom plank of your Fraim base is upside down. When you do a rebuild, flip it over so that the unused indentations for the ball cups are on the bottom and thus not visible :slight_smile:

Iā€™m surprised HH missed the visible indentations::grinning:

Lovely system @AhTiong. Love the set up, especially the focal speakers. Nice to see them in wood finish. Have the Focal Aria 936s and envy the Sopras! Bet it sounds amazing!

1 Like