System Pics 2020

These are ones of the most difficult speakers to drive.

Specs:

More on the 121 specs:

SPL 2.83V/ 2π

linear max

82dB/W/m 106 dB

Power handling
continuous

peak power

280W /400W 1000 W

The Supernait is far not enough to drive them.

Apart that, VERY NICE AND LOVELY SYSTEM AND ROOM

Thank you. What would you recommend for a quite large room where you want flexible listening positions?

Over 25 years my wife has learned to embrace and enjoy the system. We spend time listening to music together every day. She even paid for half my Fraim system and contributed to buying a XPSDR.

9 Likes

Good move - no way she’d have taken you without the system! :wink: :joy:

5 Likes

For who is that question YetiS?

1 Like

For anyone who’d like to contribute

1 Like

I am not an expert but would something with a wide dispersion tweeter work best as ‘sweet spots’ would be less of an issue. Also something with good sensitivity and capable of driving a large room. How about a large active speaker? If they fit the bill otherwise something from ATC or, for something completely different and at risk of being flamed, the larger Beolabs with acoustic lens technology. I am sure there are other options.

I suggest you start a new topic. System Pics is not the place for detailed advice and you’ll get more responses if you have a dedicated thread. Choose a good title that makes clear what you are asking.

2 Likes

My office mostly finished, cool place to work :slight_smile:

54 Likes

Hi, I have omnidirectional speakers as well. Not sure what you define as a large room… mine is 54m2 and my Shahinian Obelisks work very well. Their default finish would not be kind in your room I think, but in white I think they are marvelous. I’m using 300/252 on them.

Hello Guibo,
Nice old « bumpers »
:+1:
I recognize the photos :wink:

2 Likes

:clinking_glasses:

28 Likes

Thank you. If I would choose to keep the MBL 126 and change the amplifier to separates, which Naim models do you think are needed to make these speakers sound good?

I would say minimum 300 dr. But honestly I have never met or read someone using Naim amps with MBL.
Can you borrow a 252/300 combo from a dealer?
And why not an MBL amp?

By the way your speakers are very nice. I understand that you don’t want to separate yourself from them.
In second hand market, Krell amplifiers should work good too.

1 Like

I’d be scared stiff putting anything on top of my Statement. That is if I had one of course. :grin:

1 Like

Why? For some buying a statement is like buying a bottle of wine in the supermarket. All is relative.
Some investors earn 150k per hour.

True, I’m obviously thinking like some that can’t afford one. :scream:

2 Likes

Anyway @frenchrooster, how are you coping with the lockdown. Hope all is well and you’re staying safe…

1 Like

Maybe a chickens game but definitely no 150k an hour. BTW I didnt get my pre in the supermarket, yet ya seem to need help telling the difference between beer and wine …

1 Like

Charlie, it was not posted to you. Just a bad french joke.
Enjoy your S1, I am jealous.

1 Like