System Pics 2020

Definitely want you to launch it next year, it’s my favourite along with show us your Sondek and show us your turntable

I think I would pass on show us your Fraim and show us your cables

We are all a little bit tense and snappy at the moment

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 14.19.09

5 Likes

Awesome Dunc! What’s the box next to the tt’s psu?

Top-20-Funniest-GIF-Photos-Funny-Humor

30 Likes

47 Likes

Really nice RackKit, the lighting makes it also. :+1:t2:

1 Like

HH, I agree with you the thread is at its best when members are producing a picture of their system for the rest of the forum to view. All the other verbiage can be managed in its own thread with its own topic heading.

JMHO - YMMV

Keeping in the spirit…

40 Likes

Its my headphone amp, violectic V281

1 Like

Thanks @popeye.

That pic is from 2006 of my first (Naim) set up. It replaced a Mission Cyrus2/PS-X/Linn Helix that was my first hifi set. I carried the Linn Axis over from that set.

1 Like

That makes sense as I didn’t think it matched the 500 in your profile pic and what’s listed in your profile.
Fancy doing a vid for the system vids thread? Its great to see people’s setups especially ones like yours. :+1:t2:

I’m Ok with stills but video is a whole other thing! Plus I hate the sound of my own voice so will get my mate Dave Attenborough or ‘Atts’ as we call him to narrate over it for me. :smiley:

3 Likes

Moved some furniture to grab a photo. Found a place to rest the only-slightly-wonky dust cover for the P10; it sits there without wanting to move, so that’s good!

I’d not mind moving the tt psu next to the Superline, under the tt – but that may impair the performance of either or both. Consensus seems to be to keep the tt psu far from the cartridge is a good idea however. And maybe far from the Superline.

30 Likes

These days, I’m all about noticing how the stress is affecting us, each in our own way. I’m also learning about the importance of giving myself (and others, as needed) the permission to do what needs doing, to decompress, to grab even the smallest bit of control and normalcy back for ourselves. There’s lots of ways to take care of each other, and kindness and compassion are great places to start. I hope everyone on here takes a deep breath, enjoys a great song or album, finds a way to be helpful to themselves or another. Small traditions are worth hanging onto, including in this lovely forum. Take care all, with best wishes to you and yours.

And, per the spirit of SeaKayaker, I offer up the new top-shelf and tempered glass placement of my Nova; the Ubiqiti Wi-Fi AP-Lite is mounted up on the wall near the ceiling. Those are the only changes here (although I’ve added Raspberry Pi / RoPieee streaming points to other systems in the house, including an old NAD box and a new RME DAC-FS for headphones; not shown… )

Regards and thanks to all for sharing your systems and your rooms: this thread is a highlight for me.

Regards alan

36 Likes

I spy a bamboo dish rack for record cleaning. :slight_smile:

Hi @mikegs, Nice set up, just been looking to systems 2020 pictures.
Recognized you have CD5XS. I just posted a question ‘DAC choice, nDAC or ND5XS2?’ I wonder if you use the digital input of your ND5 for the CD5XS (like transport) or CD5XS directly into SN2?
And what are your thoughts on nDAC? Cause you don’t use one, is it on purpose??
Thank you anyway. Stay safe.

1 Like

Wise words! :+1:

1 Like

Your suggestion only cost me ~ $12.00! I got off cheap! Cheapest hi fi accessory I’ve bought.

1 Like

Whatever that ornament on the wall is I hope it doesn’t fall😕

It’s ceramic art! The good news is that it was mounted and hung by a friend of ours who is a professional (he hangs art at one of the local museums well-known for the theft of a Rembrandt, a Vermeer, a Degas, and others, in 1990). I too hope it doesn’t fall!

1 Like

Bart
I would try the rega power supply, sitting on top off the bottom naim power supply as long as the P10 to power supply cable is long enough, but as far away as possible is what rega say in the manual and worth trying i think

1 Like

‘Cause I’m bored…

28 Likes