System Pics 2020

No, not interested in that at all actually. I’ve read the reviews of such for a while, and I’m convinced I’d not hear enough benefit. But my SuperLine should be back from its recap/refresh pretty soon!

2 Likes

Managed to get a Fraim level for the 500 before things shutdown, house move is on hold for now so I decided to take the rack apart and have a dust and put together. Would be better in 2 racks but I dont have space at the moment. Even tried tidying the cables up a bit …

29 Likes

This is interesting considering the reports of some fellow members. As a whole those reports are quite favourable.

I don’t buy printed hifi magazines nor read online reviews, unless I’m planning to buy something. But I read Martin Colloms’ last review about the ND555 with dual power supply. He seems to conclude in favour of the three boxes combo. But, of course, this remains very system and room dependant.

Considering family constraints and room limitations, I suppose I’ve optimised my system as much I could, with a particular care for cable dressing and room treatment.

The next, last, step would be a second 555PS.

After a long while without buying anything new I’ve just acquired a 202/200 set.

The old Mk1 Uniti sitting there has a dead display but I’ve been using it as a CD source. Am streaming Spotify via a Raspberry pi 4 and Hifiberry DAC combo.

Not great photo, and I’m jealous of some of the beautiful houses and setups some people have but there we are.

(upload://hWku4n43JZZizUsShTxyurunrFz.jpeg)

39 Likes

Very neat & compact IainN. Congrats on the new 202/200. :+1:t5:

Cheers, Rack.

Cheers @RackKit there’s a Rega Planar 3 (v old) to go somewhere as well eventually. Not been using as streaming mostly now.

pre/power is new to me not new new. Will probably go for a service/recap once C19 lockdown is over.

Looked at racks but cost is prohibitive at the moment.

Qobuz via MyVolumio on Allo Digione Signature + Allo Shanti PS and Chord Mojo, great sound. Also TP DTC to replace Olive HC

15 Likes

May I ask where you got them from? I have just sold mine - so they could be my old ones.

It might be used but’s it still ‘new’ to you, that’s how I’ve always looked at buying gear!

Your rack is fine but maybe you could try some screw in spikes to isolate it from the floor? Put the spikes on a few pound coins if you don’t want to mark the floor.

Both fom eBay @Ian2001 one from Nintronics and one from Peter Tyson. Was a coronavirus inspired splurge as not much else to spend money on this summer (usually spent on bowling activities).

@RackKit might try some sorbothane blobs as they have worked very well on my tv soundbar.

1 Like

Snapped this one today from my home office

Edit: I do not post much; wish I knew how to rotate photo

12 Likes

21 Likes

Simple system in lounge
Atom
Harbeth P3esr

21 Likes

I bet you thought you finally had a cat-proof speaker…

1 Like

You should have seen how hard the cat was hanging on before you rotated it.

9 Likes

Does the cat match the speakers or the speakers match the cat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ditto. What are the soeaker stands?

Stands are Q Acoustics the ones for the Concept 20 speakers also in black

1 Like

Do you have the ADS mounted on a RPi or Allo’s USBridgeSig.
Either way I assume you take the HDMI O/P to the screen?

What an absolutely stunning…kitty.

I suppose the Hifi’s not bad either :laughing:

1 Like