System Pics 2020

Back on topic: current system…

31 Likes

…and what I call my work shop!

16 Likes

I don’t think I’m going to live that down soon. To help I now hold my phone upside down. :grin:

1 Like

…that’s good to know Tony, I thought it mighty have been your kitchen set up.

2 Likes

It’s a big house, SK!:blush:

1 Like

Tony what is that device upper left - looks like a cassette deck but I can’t see enough to tell if that is the case.

1 Like

Revox B77 Open Reel at a guess.

4 Likes

Good eye and tape deck knowledge Mr.M - looked online and you appear to be 100% correct! Thanks!

What is the best upgrade? Hi-cap?
Kjetil :norway:

19 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed this too. Seems to be a bug with the Discourse App.

I used the browser, not the specific Discourse App.

1 Like

Thanks Ian. The Q Acoustics 3010i are cheap by the normal standards we witness here. They may not be ‘basic’ though. For instance I think they might have a separate chamber in which the tweeter is mounted.

I would be interested in trying the matching stands. Then again I bought the 3010is to tide us over, the window sill will do.

A friend of mine id downsizing his house into a retirement flat, he can’t take his speakers with him (he has an elderly Technics system) and I thought these would be ideal for him?

Thanks Richard, we are both really pleased with them. We think they look the part in the room and they sound great for the money. Unfortunately that sounds like damning with faint praise but they really do sound good. Bouncy and fun but with poise too.

They come with bungs and are well finished. They have proved a great choice to get us through these strange times. Thanks.

1 Like

Yup, these or the next ones up. Both fit the one size of stand.

1 Like

Given the frequent criticism of thread diversion (particularly this one) might I suggest you create a new thread specific to your question?

Those speakers remind me of JBL Aquarius 3 from the 70s.

7 Likes

Spot on, mr M.:+1:

1 Like

@DrMark , As Mr M pointed out it is a Revox B77 R2R. Here it is in all its splendour.

27 Likes

Very nice Tony!

And sporting what look like Ferrograph NAB adaptors…

1 Like