System Pics 2020

But a perfect little nook for fitted LP shelving ; )

2 Likes

kuma,

FYI the stand spikes are on Quadraspire QX7 floor protectors to protect the Amtico floor. The speakers are active.

Currently thinking about the best way to attach the corner units to the wall some way off the floor.

Regards

Richard

1 Like

Oh! So the xovers are on the floor and pillow on top? :flushed:

There are some really super pictures posted on the thread. Itā€™s always nice to take a peek into peopleā€™s rooms.

Now that the decorations are packed away and the dusting has been done, Iā€™m in a position to show that I really do have two speakersā€¦

30 Likes

Looks lush HH. My only concern is your stereo image sitting in the dark grey chair :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ATB Peter
PS. SL2s are just the most gorgeous looking speakers ever!

2 Likes

Very nice. Is that a footstool or bed for a dog?

1 Like

Assuming you are referring to the TriTraps, there is no need to get them off the floor and they are also stackable. You may find a 2 tier stack in the corners behind the speakers beneficial , which of course will adversely affect access to your LPs. :thinking: ATB Peter

I was rather hoping to see a chaise longue ā€¦

TV looks a few degrees rotated clockwise off the perpendicular?

Thanks for the observation, I think you will find that the TV is perfectly level, however, the floor and the mantlepiece may not be :thinking:

2 Likes

Elac speakers? Sweetā€¦ how happy are tou with that sinergy with your Naim?

Finally the proof! :joy::joy::joy:

kuma,

The system uses a SNAXO 3-6.

Regards

Richard

PeterR,

If you look at the first set of photos youā€™ll see I showed the assorted sockets ā€˜blockingā€™ one corner. The TriTrap in this corner will need to be mounted above this level - I was thinking to raise the others simply to be symmetrical.

Regards

Richard

I see- sorry just difficult to make sense of the room in snippet photos. GIK should have sent mounting brackets with the units. Good luck Peter

PeterR,

I think I would have need to request any such brackets - they supplied the ones for the two panels to be mounted on the ceiling.

Regards

Richard

Whilst I only have the original Titan T88s, I still find that a subwoofer aids movie effects (my subwoofer is a 15 inch model and so has a bigger bass driver than in the Titans). Hence still worth having a subwoofer in my opinion in a joint music/movie room if you can.

Here is the other system, which lives in the study. Itā€™s small but rather wonderful.

8 Likes

Is that a cased Leica on the desk?

That looks like a nice heavy woolly cardigan put over the back shoulders of your chair. I find that usually stretches the knit. If left too long you will get misshapen bulges when you wear it next.

1 Like