System Pics 2020

Thanks Max
Totally agree. I presumed that hi cap dr was an addition to sq in every condition. For sure devores are easy load so if not sq increasing for sure no needing of extra hi cap.
For me extra money are important issue
Ciao e grazie
Pietro

Here’s the first pic of the NDX (new old stock) and SN3 (ex dem), freshly connected ten minutes ago - so still quite a bit of tidying up to do yet. Had hoped to have both black boxes inside the qube but then the hiline was dragging on the floor. Unfortunately that means I have space for power supplies :man_facepalming: Which I had planned on ignoring permanently (have a non dr hicap but understand that won’t do much, so probably better to sell). The speakers are nSats on the proper wall brackets- the position is a bit compromised but the sound from my seating position at the desk is fine. Cable naca5. It sounds a bit bright at the moment but after 15 minutes that’s no surprise - all cold and not run in yet. Looking forward to getting more from it as time goes on - already reproducing percussion much better than the uq

I had been using a unitiqute with my SBLs until I recently swapped back to the nSats. I hadn’t wanted to sell the SBLs really but decided it was stupid to keep them so sold and handing over some time soon. So back to the nSats. The stripe of plaster is where the fixed desk was until I removed it yesterday - spent all day moving things round and clearing out

All a bit of an extravagance for a second system, but I work from home and some days I am listening in here for 7 hours plus. I need to relocate the printer - want to put a tv there

15 Likes

53 Likes

Those 804 D3s look wonderful!
Naive question , but I assume that you are streaming via the Qute and through the main amplification?

Those 804 D3’s sound pretty wonderful too!..as you will already know :grin:

The Qute is hard wired to our NAS through the back of the house (Synology DS218 with 2x 4TB WD RED drives, Synology Hybrid RAID set up) currently 360 GB of 3.5 TB available so plenty of room! lol
Also use it for a bit of tinternet radio sometimes.

Still love spinning the shiny discs though - so as much as the thought of letting go the CDX2 has plagued me I am determined to not change anything for a while - esp having jumped to 282 / 250DR and the 804 D3’s last year, from 202/200 & B&W N805S’s.

Covid feet? …you going to clip those toenails?

1 Like

Nice setup! Interested to understand how you have mounted your n-Cent - is that a standard n-Sat stand and with a custom finish?

-Mark

Somebody needs pedicure! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes. Painted black.

A work in progress as the system slowly emerges from storage.
Yes, still working on the Connect (re-)placement :slight_smile:
Next step is to get the Fraim situated and evaluate.

22 Likes

Thanks. I’m looking at options to potentially mount an n-Cent myself. Any issues with balance or mounting n-Cent on the stand or does it work as expected?

Very nice mook. Please can you give a run down of the boxes?

Allan,

Top to bottom:

nDac
XPSDR
250DR
SuperCapDR
Magna Connect

3 Likes

Thanks. Looks great housed in the Quadraspire.

1 Like

9 Likes

Ist work as expected.

sjb - I wanted to ask you about the battery life on your BlueSound Flex (2i?)…and I have lost your email address when my last laptop melted down - how long does it last and at what volumes do you use it?

Hi @reinibert, Forum rules don’t allow For Sale or Wanted ads.

Hi @reinibert - as GeoffC pointed out, Forum rules do not allow for selling.

However, it does raise a question for me. This incarnation of the forum does not allow for direct, member-to-member messaging (one or two versions before did allow for it, but moderation became challenging, I believe).

How do forum members now get in direct touch, if they so desire, and without publishing their email address on the forum?

I realise this is off-topic and may have been answered before; maybe one for @Richard.Dane for guidance?

There’s no private messaging, as it’s too open to abuse, such as solicitation. If two member wish to get in touch with one another for some reason (within forum rules) then you can let me know. Of course, getting in touch directly with another member in order to circumvent forum rules, is not on…