System Pics 2020

Lovely looking system there, I do like speakers that sit on stands - very cool.
What are the speakers out of curiosity?

Gary

2 Likes

Kudos I think.

G

Happy retirement! :champagne: That system should bring many years of enjoyment.

2 Likes

Best of luck for your retirement. Although digital is my main source I still enjoy vinyl, just something very natural about the sound. I’m sure you will enjoy your new deck!

1 Like

Yes, S10’s, it’s in their profile

Great system and nice to see a slightly unusual collection of components. Thanks for posting :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, yes it is true the Rivals look like bigger, beefier Forte IIIs, the sound signature I have found is more akin to a very refined La Scala II that reaches about 12Hz lower with the 15" woofers. Probably closest to a “Cornscala” if that makes sense. A lively dynamic yet refined sound that spins a holographic image into the room and allows the speakers themselves to disappear. Greg Roberts (Volti owner//designer) has created some magic with these hand-crafted wooden horns. The midrange is so much smoother and sweeter than any of the Klipsch products I have owned (I’ve owned La Scala IIs, Forte IIIs, and Heresy IIIs). They are my endgame speaker for sure, as I would never have the room or the budget for the step-up Volti, the Vitorra. They are also 100 dB sensitive (real world tested), 6 ohm speakers and the perfect match for Naim amplification.

Yes actually the leather sofa is about the halfway point in this 16x29 rectangular room. Behind the sofa against that far wall is a 3 panel French door to an outdoor patio, as well as another window further back on that wall. I have some tasteful black room-darkening curtains on all the windows so it is sufficiently dark for daytime movies but can be open and airy with the curtains drawn.

Thank you for your kind words. Crimson impressed me with its appearance and of course the sound. Perhaps in the future I would like to change the acoustics and I look in the direction of the Naim cd player. Sorry for my English.

1 Like

No problems with your English. Great Instagram feed too. Some interesting equipment there.

1 Like

Now waiting for GIK tri-traps for front corners. Will also make good stands for guitars to sit on.

25 Likes

I’m considering firing up a “Show us your footstool” thread. All these feet on tables…

4 Likes

The guitar in the corner… is this the beginning of the ‘acoustic room treatment’ ? :relaxed:

1 Like

Not my place to say, but isn’t a waxing well overdue?

5 Likes

That room and setup looks lovely Stu, I bet it sounds amazing. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m very very happy with the sound. Recent best upgrades 6mm armoured cable from dedicated CU, Witch Hat Phantom. Next tri traps, monster bass traps GIK and then WH Morgana. Then I really should consider a Fraim!!

1 Like

Very possibly but I value my skin too much!!!

Thanks Popeye, must consider a system video once room is finished. Its a lowley system compared to most on here however - might not be very stimulating!! :joy:

Congratulations, enjoy your retirement and system.

1 Like

It’s honestly not too bad😉. In his wisdom, one of my colleagues decided that all the male staff members at our school (3 of us) would have our legs done by the female staff members and the older children in assembly as a fund raiser for Movember. Ironically, he struggled but we were OK - yes it’s uncomfortable but not terrible. Takes a while to grow back mind you, which I suppose is the point!

1 Like