System Pics 2020

9 Likes

Some listening experiment with my very old YBA Sonata at very low volume

+1 This one sorted out the transformer blues in our previous house ā€” not cheap but well worth it when the hum is goneā€¦ And soon after the credit card statement is forgotten tooā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

thumbnail1
I posted this pic in another part of the forum.
Home made turntable using Technics SP 15 and EPA 501E tonearm,
Ortofon MC20 Super cartridge and MCA 76 step up up transformer
Esoteric CD player, ADC parametric equalizer
McIntosh MX 130 preamp, MC2500 amp.
Homemade speakers, crossovers, attenuators, connectors (OFC or solid 925 silver wire)
Homemade speaker and interconnect cables (including the XLR connectors for the Esoteric.)
NAIM Unitiserve unit
All my LPā€™s stored flat so they donā€™t warp.

18 Likes

The speakers remind me of the Totem Winds, quite a specific type of design - great DIY project!

Records stored ā€œflatā€ ?? You donā€™t mean horizontally stacked do you?

Wow! Amazing although I wonder about WAF factor.

Wowā€¦hopefully your system sounds greatā€¦should you decide to sell the 'speakers, Iā€™m sure that they could have applications in other areas, such as military, as inferometers to detect gravitational wavesā€¦or as sci-fi film props. Do let us know how it all sounds.
Happy listening.

Finally ready to post my system
The SN3

Technics SL1SL1200DZ cd player

And my last addition Technics sl1210gr,Ortofon Concorde Century,Project Connect-it E phono cable,Nordost Leif Blue Heaven power cable

I have been a Technics turntables owner for the last 20 years.
I owned the original MK2 & then the M5G.
I have to admit that the new sl1210gr is by far a better turntable from the oldest ones.
Production quality was never an issue for these TT so I am not going to refer in this part.
Though sound quality is way better & more quiet TT as well.
Also the way the arm lifter drops is butter-smoot,the same is the pop-up light.
A huge improvement is the TT feet-the isolation they offer is incredible.
Thatā€™s all for now.

44 Likes

I like the Ovators in whiteā€¦didnt know that was an option, I guess it wasā€¦

Whats wrong with records stored flat?

Im interested in preventing records warping or any formulas for unwarping brand new pressings that arrive warped (as opposed to continually having to return them to Amazon)ā€¦

As far as unwarping records, try Googling it, I think youā€™ll find some information on that

Records should be stored Vertically like books, and packed snuggly thatā€™s what keeps them from warping.

2 Likes

The records look vertical to me on the shelves. Am I missing something?

1 Like

Mmm involving heat glass & an ovenā€¦probably best to send them backā€¦

The only time a record should be horizontal is when itā€™s being played. Now back on thread:
Hereā€™s a gratuitous photo:

23 Likes

Nick1940

How do you like the SS stands? Which height/model are they?

Even though I am in the States I came across the stands in a blog post by the Signals chaps.
I am in the process of putting together a second system with a newly serviced NAIT2 (thanks Chris W and Nick) with my original ProAc SuperTablettes from 1988. I originally was going to build a second LP12 with specs from the same era (using some of my leftover parts) however I am now thinking of streaming.

Best
Gregg

1 Like

Vaggoz, I believe those comments were not referring to your pictures :wink:

1 Like

@Vaggoz / my comments were in no way directed at you. You have got a lovely system-I wonā€™t mention the OvatorsšŸ˜‰.

1 Like