System Pics 2020

I bet if you made them out of something more durable you could sell them!

1 Like

I would be a little concerned that storing headphones on a life sized head like that would compress the foam pads prematurely. Dedicated headphone stands are usually narrower for that reason.

2 Likes

Funny you say that, I don’t use them that often and I did notice a bit of damage on the ear pads. Cheers.

Mine is the Patrick Stewart , always played every Christmas Eve, directly after the service of Carols and Lessons.

This year on my new

Pioneer UDP ,once I have worked out how to return it to 4:3 ratio.

6 Likes

I do like your listening space Pete with your artwork dotted about and those Royds…

Very nice.

1 Like

That little painting with the clouds is the best for me Pete. I like light.

Regarding your paintings in general, the foreground dark contrasting with the background light gives me an uncomfy feeling. The relative innocence which is also in the paintings confuses me. Just saying what it does for me.

1 Like

Painting is looking good Pete👍

1 Like

I love the look of those neat speakers, very cool.
Gary

Might have something to do with light, ours is much stronger than in the UK. There’s much more contrast between shade/light.

1 Like

Thanks @Gazza :+1:

But wonderful new paintings on the floor right :+1:

1 Like

They are nice, like small Sbls. The wife loves them, but they can be hard to take serious. For me, in a small room, they bettered Allaes, Kudos X3 and Guru Q10.

1 Like

Not a “system” strictly speaking, but in my office/“studio” I have Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface (next to the right speaker) with M-Audio powered monitors, and can listen to music on the internet through it, and will try to add software to access my music server as well.

9 Likes

Thanks a lot @Mike_S !

I wasn’t really expecting you to be that happy, even though the Thunder sub is surely more suitable for your great loudspeakers. Are you going to leave the Storm connected to the SN2 or are you matching it back with the Nova and Hawks?

It’s still on the SN2 and we have been on a mini break. It really needs to go back on the Nova for the movie effects and it’s not ideal visually in the lounge. In a dedicated listening room, it would be ideal.

Are you into music making? A hobby or something more professional? If I may ask :slight_smile:

If you heard me play you’d know I aspire to hobby level.

If I can find the time and wherewithal, I’d like to make recordings of my classical guitar work…we shall see. I have the microphones and stands, and need to become better at working in Ableton.

1 Like

Yes, his name is DJ Doctor Groove :grin:

2 Likes

Sorry for the slight digression, couldn’t think where else to post this… thought some might be amused by the interesting photo editing employed here…

2 Likes