System Pics 2020

I’m not sure what part of ‘feel free to post pictures of your system’ is so hard to understand.

4 Likes

Sorry

1 Like

Nor why it bugs some so much to have a slight diversion every now and again…good grief. It’s not life or death here, well, maybe to some.

23 Likes

Don’t be sorry. The same complaining guy feels free to yammer here about his silly house slippers as if they were an integral part of his sound system.

27 Likes

Yes, don’t be sorry. The world at the moment is too small for padentry.

24 Likes

It took me a moment to see what you were talking about :grin:

2 Likes

Stereo has been moved to the long wall for Christmas to make way for Xmas tree (out of shot)

I am currently experimenting with an alternative DAC Preamp. The SU is simply acting as a streamer here, via SPDIF.

28 Likes

Or even pedantry. If you want to look clever, it’s best to do it right.

9 Likes

Knowing your forum live for a few years now HH, that was very pradictible.

It’s the end of the year, I’m sure everybody will behave once we get to System Pics 2021.

4 Likes

The irony was strong :roll_eyes:

Never mind the pics - let’s have a built-in, foolproof UK English spell-checker!

2 Likes

Spelling has never been my forte! :wink:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bet on that. :rofl:

1 Like

Perhaps you should instead open a new systems pics 2021. New year, new systems pics. :laughing:

No please, I pass the honour on to a more established forummember, or @popeye who had the nice system vids topic.

Missing your contribution there, rooster.

2 Likes

I don’t like to act as a second administrator neither, so I understand you.
As for videos pics, I have glass pictures and don’t want to reflect myself in them, as like this summer, when I realised that I could be seen during few seconds in a glass. Perhaps I will do it with my wife, who will handle the camera and I will comment…Maybe.

I am sure Mr @anon4489532 will carry on taking the lead of the system pics thread.
As for the video’s who knows. It’s unfortunate that a video cannot be uploaded in a easy fashion like a picture as I am sure it would prove more popular. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thats correct. I’m a bit hesitant to upload video’s to streaming services since I won’t have the privacy as I have on this forum. It’s one of the things I appreciate of this community.

Somewhere in the future there will be a vid from my setup(s) Popeye.

2 Likes

As I understand it, Richard will be starting the new 2021 thread, unless someone else wishes to take over. There is usually a flurry of really nice pictures earlier in the year and then the waffle generally takes precedence. People really do enjoy the thread - I find the houses and decor far more interesting than the systems themselves - and in my ideal world it would be just pictures and any post without a picture would be automatically deleted (there goes this one!!). It’s been so much better this year with people generally observing the ‘pictures of your own system’ guidance and without piles of stuff scraped up from the gutters of the internet. I’m sure I’ll be leaving the thread in much more capable hands after ten years at the helm. When I took it over from Mike, the two of us agreed the handover and it would be lovely if a forum member would take it on as we move into a new year that hopefully will be better than this.

7 Likes

There was ironry :wink: