System Pics 2020

The SL-2s look superb!

To these eyes it would look a lot cleaner if you had one of the 555 or 300PS on the second shelf down -at least while you source another shelf. Not sure how critical it is to have the Qutest thing on a Fraim shelf but I’m sure you’ve assessed that?

1 Like

Very nice system indeed, I love this Fraim finish arrangement, but I wouldn’t leave the cables on top of the speakers not matter how nice they may look.

2 Likes

Nice HiFiman.

I’ll be interested in what you think of the 282 and HiCap once added and what it does for you over the 272/555. :+1:t2:
Have you heard it yet?

2 Likes

Thanks popeye, not yet but I once owned an 82/HiCap and I should have stayed put but then downgrading / upgrading took over…
I just want to return to a straight forward Naim amp setup 282/HiCapDR/300s then tweak the digital front end if required hence why I purchased a new 282 as I intend to keep this for many years.

2 Likes

great system. I miss Dubai… Waiting to go back again

@thijazi wow Cremonese !! Stunning
Iver

Since I got into this manic hobby of ours, I was always with SF, love the range of these speakers and the aesthetics don’t hurt either ;-).

I have Sonus Faber as well and love their sound @thijazi

1 Like

Oh Oh Oh

25 Likes

Intresting the voltage difference on the boxes?

1 Like

Great to see the boxes for a NAC72+NAP140+HICAP as they remind me of my first Naim Hi-Fi system which was the same.

It is the system that I have, step by step, been building upon since I first heard them and was hooked way back in’87. As I have built my current system I have always, in my ears, tried to keep the same sonic footprint and ‘groove’ of the 72+HICAP+140.

If I was ever to sell my existing system to go for less boxes etc. I would revert to them again along with my LP12.

Richard

3 Likes

New to me 72/140 trying for a place in the rack. They are intended for a second system, but…

28 Likes

My first upgrade from my 282/HiCap2/250.2 was changing the Hicap 2 for a Supercap 2. I’ll never forget the difference it made and it’s well worth considering if you can stretch to one even a non DR.

I’m going to try and stay put with the HiCapDR as a SC tends to lead onto a 252 :grin:

Yeah, I guess there is that :joy:

Great foundations — digital might change quickly in years’ to come, but solid Naim amplification will stand the test of time…

Sadly, I can’t reach a new 282 — so I will keep an eye on the used market. Hopefully, I’ll get the preamp shortly after building work is done. The 250DR and Hicap DR are already in the house. And when the 282 joins the party, the SN2 will retire to the new family room… Though this will require sorting out new speakers and source for the family room. Does spending money on gear ever stop…

1 Like

Two thirds there good luck with the 282 hunt they do pop up from time to time.

PS - sadly it never ends :pensive:

All the best

1 Like

… or a 52 …

4 Likes

I used to have a cherry FraimLite too, but managed to trade it in for a second hand full Fraim at TomTom audio, very glad I did, it’s a definite improvement which only cost a few hundred quid…

1 Like

We started 2020 with one, and we end the year with another.

Very best wishes to everyone for 2021.

51 Likes