System Pics 2020

The updated Excite line, x14, x34, etc.) were made much mire efficient than the previous version. Supposedly made to work well with an average AVR. The Qute is more than sufficient. Pleasantly surprised with this system. Especially coming from 272/XPSDR/250dr with Contour 30.

2 Likes

The second is @Xanthe. Perhaps others…but I am here since 4 years and don’t know other. However a lot with cats :cat2:

1 Like

You’re not a lumberjack by any chance?

4 Likes

No nasties among naim users. Unless you start banging on about different Ethernet cables and switches :scream:

5 Likes

Yes indeed. These days we all consider Ovators as good loudspeakers!

1 Like

And Debs.

There are others remaining incognito…
(Well I just popped up here; and yes I do have a visiting cat who’s also female!)

6 Likes

Helen has a cat and likes to post him…so the reason of my post. Enjoy !

1 Like

Time for a picture

Added an additional standard cherry level slightly lighter but told this will probably darken over time if not I will switch the bottom shelf on the base.

Node 2i
555DR
250DR
SL2s

Also added Fraim chips

27 Likes

That looks nice. Of course, if you put the Node on the floor, you now have room for a 300.

1 Like

Wow only took 30 seconds to suggest the 300DR but thanks for the kind words.

Watch this space regarding the 300

3 Likes

Someone had to say it so it may as well be me. It’s the amplifier the SL2s need.

1 Like

How do the 34’s compare to the 14’s, driven by the Qute?

No SL2’s really need a 500DR otherwise you haven’t heard half of what they’re capable of. :roll_eyes:

Really?! A few people have them at the end of a 250, @Richard.Dane among others for example, and they seem rather satisfied with the results. :sunglasses:

True enough Tony. And while I haven’t heard them on the end of a NAP500DR, I did have them on the end of a NAP500 for many years. And right now, they’re being powered by just a li’l ol’ NAP110. And guess what? They’re still sounding GREAT!*

*of course a NAC552 does help…

1 Like

Much more defined bass. Crazy how much bass these little speakers produce. Great fun for rock bass lines.

1 Like

Quite so. It was a tongue in cheek response to SL2s “needing” a 300DR.
Mine sound fine with a 250 which has no trouble driving them as the SL2s are fairly efficient.
Of course a 300 may sound better as too would a 552 or ND555 but the SL2s certainly don’t need them to sound good.

2 Likes

Old system around early 90’s — NAC82/Supercap/CD2/NAT02 and Nakamichi 582 cassette deck (which I still have)

enjoy/ken

28 Likes

Nice photos Ken and great system. Love the Nak!

The box of ‘zipdiscs’ in the corner dates the photos - I also used to have a stack of these, back when 20Mb was a lot of data - think the later ones could store a staggering 100Mb (same size as a single photo from my Nikon D850)! How times change… :grinning:

ATB. George.

just wondering what
you gain with the Node 2i that the 272 hasn’t already got (apart from airplay)…? cheers