System Pics 2021

They are … I built the fraim up and used the glass from the old ash designs whilst I get some cups n balls for them

Beautiful degradé :wink:

Is it age that determines the patina Robert, or did different manufacturing materials make a difference?
Just curious.

All of the above I expect. Initial colour mix will play a part. Where the item has lived will affect the colour too.
I’ve not had these long so do not know their history. All mid to late to late 90s vintage.

Are those home made glass shelves? Thickness?
Have you put them flat on the Naim rack?

Slamdam… yeah as I built up the fraim I used the glass shelves straight from the old ash designs I had used previously

thankyou

That’s quite a good illustration of how much the Olive fascias can vary depending on age of the fascia. It got to the point where Naim offered a fascia matching service as part of the servicing regime.

I think I like the pale grey/green of the last Olive fascias the best.

5 Likes

Quite funny that. Imagine working to a standard that is in someone’s head! Facia supplier never heard of RAL or whatever the colour standard is.

Out of mild intrest/ covid lk3 boredom, I’ll get hold of the real build date a bit later for each box. The middle box stands out the most for me. Almost brown. HC BTW.

The arm colour on the new P10 is the same as the arm colour on the RP10 :+1:

Do note that many facias got changed around over the years so customers could match up their systems.

I am really pleased that my three units beautifully match (until I swap the NAC62 for a NAC82 no doubt!!)

25 Likes

So. Leaving the factory dates.
140. Jul 99
HC. 1996
72. Oct 98.

Maybe 1996 was a brown year!

1 Like

I am aware, I meant the arm with the contrast of the black flat surface underneath gave it a cool industrial look imho, instead of the skeleton

1 Like

I bet Naim were so pleased when they found out

Awesome, enjoy :slight_smile:

For me that’s the important thing, even though my 52, sc, 135’s are brown, and my cds2/xps are grey/green. I figure the cdp will die irreparably one day so I was more concerned that the four amp boxes matched since I will keep them forever.

Having had a fair number of Olive boxes over the years which were all grey/green, i was inclined to agree. That is until I got my four brown facia amp boxes. I find the brown to be warmer to look at, and I guess in a purist sort of way, it’s the original Olive colour.

In the end it really doesn’t matter. They all sound great!

(see post 2 of this thread for a pic)

4 Likes

I’m out of space so I did a home made side mount for my EE8 with a tool hook and some velcro (and some adhesive around the ends to prevent scratches. 10 EUR and worked out great since I don’t see it from the front anyway and easy to swap cables :sunglasses: (sorry for the dust. You know how it is…)

4 Likes