System Pics 2021

[quote=“MattCray, post:2354, topic:13622, full:true”]

Or move the Radikal from the base shelf and get it under the LP12 which still leaves all the PSUs on the brawn side? That Klimax casework is a really solid bit of kit so maybe it interferes less with sensitive TT signals?

1 Like

Ah yes - I think that would do it the world of good. A certain symmetry in having the Linn stuff “stacked” too :relieved:

As an experiment before committing - I wonder if you’ve tried playing a record with the 555PS powered on, and then fully powered it off and see if there is a difference in the music from the LP12.

2 Likes

If you weren’t too concerned about symmetry, you could move the medium shelf up to underneath the LP12. This would increase the spacing between Urika and either K-Rad or CD555PSDR.

1 Like

@MattCray Turning off the 555 PS is a good shout. I’ll definitely give that a try first.

@Clive Another good shout and one to think about if the turning off the PS makes a difference. I do like the symmetry though. :wink:

I’m with you 100% …given this discussion came out of how amazing your racks look, let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water!

2 Likes

With an all black Fraim, symmetry is not such an issue for me.

71 Likes

While not symmetrical shelf for shelf - it ultimately resolves really well, I think it looks great. Top, Bottom and Centre lines all straight - and then a bit of a jazz odyssey of alignment around them. Really cool.

Extra points for the Pioneer Cassette Deck in pride of place :relieved:

4 Likes

Great set up Clive. - looks the business and nicely shot too. :ok_hand:t5:

Cheers, Rack.

:+1:t5:

1 Like

What a superb setup! :ok_hand:

1 Like

I was a bit fussy about that! Building the left stack so that each shelf was horizontal was challenging, especially with the tall and medium stages in the same stack. There was a fair bit of leg adjustment in order to get it right.

1 Like

Really nice looking kit. Naim in stealth mode .
Dashing

2 Likes

Love the look of an all black fraim.

2 Likes

Excellent @Clive The classic naim tuner fits in superbly too :+1:

1 Like

I couldn’t justify a separate shelf for the PST though :cry:

1 Like

Great photo Clive. The rig looks fantastic and great to see those NBLs.

1 Like

That would be my only concern - having the PST directly below the 555. I think I’d see if it could fit on the floor behind the Fraims somehow.

1 Like

I suppose an easy way to check before dismantling anything is to power down the 01 and see if you notice any difference in the ND555 performance.

1 Like

I couldn’t detect any difference when I had to send the NAT01 and PST for service last year, which left an empty shelf below the ND555 (until I put a Quad FM4 in the slot - and that didn’t affect the ND555 either). I guess the Faraday cage inside the ND555 does its job.

Out of paranoia, I’ve just tried that (and unplugged the mains plug just in case) and still couldn’t detect any difference. Phew!

1 Like

Perfect. Lovely bit of kit the 01.

1 Like