System Pics 2021

Looks wonderful, and it’s nice to see the perspective of the overall space. Just really nice Mr Tron.

How long have you had your Vienna Acoustics for? I have their Bach speakers, they’ve been in place since 2005 and I really do enjoy them, however I’m thinking they may need changing out at some point. My system is NDX2, SN3 and HCDR - this year I’m aiming to add the XSPDR and then look at the speakers, maybe!

1 Like

Mate I really admire your system & really jealous you have the luxury of correct placement!!!

Hello frenchrooster. I can see there is no way of me asking this privately so apologies everyone for the slight diversion. With your 912 into the NAP 250 are you using RCA to XLR or XLR to XLR, please? Thank you.

FR can, of course, speak for himself, but the the XLR input on the 250 is unbalanced. (This can cause confusion as XLR connectors are most commonly used for balanced connections.) You should not normally connect balanced to unbalanced, so the unbalanced RCA would be the normal way to connect.

IMG_0501 IMG_0502

2020 was quite a year for my system. Went from ND5 XS2, NAP150 and NAC 122 with the HICAP to set up you see now. 2021 is about enjoying it and all the music. I still have a passion for collecting the CDs and then ripping them. I like to knee the artist is getting a bit more for their efforts.

If I have a good year I might shuffle up to the 282!

Looking forward to seeing all the systems I can currently only dream of! :slight_smile:

34 Likes

Nice system! Also good to see someone else with a wall of cd’s.

4 Likes

RCA to DIN/ XLR, as Chrissu said. My 912 have also XLR but the 250 not ( not balanced).
Have you a future plan ?

Thank you frenchrooster. Have just posted a query on a more relevant thread so as not to hijack this one.

I have just seen it. Tell us how it sounds after :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks Graeme,
The CD wall was a new thing last year as well. I had them all in boxes hidden away but realised I liked the idea of being able to see them and scan for what I might like to listen to. As good as the Roon or Naim app interfaces are, you can only see so many albums at a time. A lot more pleasure this way.

5 Likes

I also love CDs too and a superb investment for anyone just now as so cheap (and sound great) - here are some of mine!

44 Likes

Great room. I like to see how the system integrates with the rest of the room. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice room and set up @Hamiltonnz :+1:t5:

1 Like

Hi Neil0001, loving the neatness of your shelving system. What is it? It could well be exactly what I am after as space it quite limited.image

18 Likes

Hi @Musicianandteacher - what are those CD racks please?

Look like IKEA Benno to me.

I think it may now be called Gnedby.

Hi,
Rack system is from Solid-Sounds in Leeds. Not allowed to put a link here, but it’s pretty obvious. Paul is very helpful and mine was made to measure to sit on my furniture. Worth a conversation.

4 Likes

The CD racks are all from IKEA. doing a bit of sorting of them today as a pile of box sets have arrived over the last few weeks and need to explore some “moving about” options :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

19 Likes