System Pics 2021

I wonder what I may have suggested. From your profile the system appears beautifully sorted.

Thank you. Will almost certainly make that decision, my dealer will take back the lite so a little less painful.

I took out an Isol8 Integra power station and replaced it with the musicworks block. What a transformation. I’ve upgraded my system quickly and while the Isol8 was good on my first Naim set up, as I’ve upgraded the sound had a brightness to it and was a little muffled. My dealer thought so too. I know many say to steer clear of mains conditioners, well through experience I can now say the same. The Isol8 is out for good.

1 Like

Fantastic, congratulations. Utopia Evos are at top of my list to check out when we move to our new house next year.

Now just find that little square of carpet.

1 Like

Might be worth asking the dealer if he has any used full Fraims. I had a Fraim lite too, but managed to trade it in for a used full Fraim in just the colour I wanted, so the net cost was quite reasonable.

My main motivation to change at all was to get a rack whose wood better matched a new wooden floor, beforehand I was a bit sceptical about any sonic improvements. But having got it, as HH says it really does work, everything just seems so much more focussed. Very happy.

Good luck, Paul

2 Likes

You suggested that I get rid of my ‘crap rack’ and get my speakers clear of the carpet, better yet, get some SBLs. I did all of that, plus a few other things and I am as happy as a pig in muck! I just needed someone to give me a push. Thank you again.

https://community.naimaudio.com/t/in-praise-of-the-humble-credo/4437/3?u=graeme

2 Likes

Wow . Don’t tempt me

Fraim full fat ordered!!!

What about thick felt pads under the spikes of the mains block?

3 Likes

You could try this :+1:t3: ATB Peter

4 Likes

Spotted your Fabian Perez btw. :wink: ATB Peter

1 Like

@anon4489532 - your lounge looks quite similar to ours and we are planning on getting a new fireplace this year. I note your speaker cable looks to be neatly running behind your fireplace. Is there some kind of channel running behind the fireplace through which the cable runs? Also, how do you manage to thread the cable through?

Thanks.

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

We renovated a fireplace in our home and have two 19 mm conduits running underneath. Wish we had a couple more and much bigger diameter to cope with the newer, larger cables and connectors.

Good taste​:wink::joy:

Great room, love the wall colour. Nice axe too

:+1:

Thanks Gazza. How did you thread the cables through the conduit?

I bought the longest garden cane i could buy that was thin enough…many were too thick. Then attached some fishing line to the cane , push thru, and then attach the cable and pulled back thru. I was lucky having enough room either side of the fireplace to fit the cane. Sure others may have come across more bendy options.

1 Like

Thanks - a clever solution.

Tie a knot in a piece of string, a bit smaller than the diameter of the tubing. Use a vacuum to suck it through, use the string to pull through something a bit sturdier (if necessary), use that to pull through your cables. Likely won’t have to buy anything.

4 Likes