System Pics 2021

The ND5XS2 in this setup is used as a transport only and feeds an MScaler/ Qutest this transforms the digital source into something completely different and tbh worthy of a 552 pre.

1 Like

That is a different game :slight_smile:

Hello Richard, this is a really important point to me. I do not plan to dismiss my dac and I m thing about the best way to feed it. I don t love the idea to feed my dac with a streamer and I would prefer something like the core. Did you compared core with streamer performances in this context?

1 Like

Will do!:+1:

When I had my NDX, I preferred Core straight into the Naim DAC.

It has been quite exactly one year since I got serious about my big dream of a classic Naim system. Some of you may have seen parts of my journey and some pics in various stages, and I owe the forum in its entirety a huge “THANK YOU!” - I could not have done it without all of you, as well as the fine folks from Naim on the forum. I am tempted to list some of you by name, but it does not feel right to leave out so many.

So with last August’s CDS3 purchase handed off to another nice forum member (it had become redundant after the pandemic made me rip CDs like a maniac) and the final touches applied, here is my end game (apart from the speakers):

(Inside the TV furniture, 8switch on the right, Cirrus 7 fanless on the left in silver as Roon Core with Rock)

100 Likes

Very nicely done, especially the cables……i can sense another Monitor audio fan chiming in soon….

3 Likes

Very nice Suedkiez. BTW, those look like end game speakers to me! :wink:

Seriously, I would be interested to hear where you go with speakers.

2 Likes

You know me too well Gazza!

2 Likes

Lovely room, looks really relaxing with the lovely trees out of the window, and great system.

2 Likes

Did not take long! :slight_smile: Thank you both.

As you know, the speakers come from my old system and I do like them very much. The system deserves an upgrade though. With the room not much damped (some improvements may yet come later) and the bigger energy that this system has, the MA’s liveliness around the top end, which I liked in particular about them, has become maybe a bit much. This and advancing age may make me look for a bit smoother presentation.

But it’s early days and I am so glad that now everything in front of the speakers is decided and I can focus on what is a huge topic all by itself. I thought this might have to wait a year or two, but I just had some unexpected income, so I guess I won’t be able to restrain myself much :smiley:

From what I have so far found to be available in and around Berlin, the usual suspects are currently on my list, in no particular order: Kudos Titans (though I can’t place them close to the wall as everyone seems to do, same goes for Naim of course), PMC facts, ATC, Focal Sopra/Kanta 2/3, KEF Reference/Blade, Dali Epicon 6/8, B&W 80x (though huge and I find them extremely ugly), Sonus Faber Olympia Nova (seems to tick the smoothness box), ProAc K3.

Exciting times, I will of course keep you posted!

6 Likes

Maybe you could consider Voxativ too, made in Berlin!

I think that Rega might be replaced by the real thing at some stage… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great looking room!

2 Likes

Thanks, I am open to all suggestions! I forgot some on the above list as well, Audio Physic for example. I just hope very much that I don’t like the B&W tanks best

Ooh, speaker auditions!

As PB once told me, the hardest and most interesting choice to get right.

Happy auditioning. Take your time and that can mean many frustrating months.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Nice work with the cables. Very nice room too! :+1:
No problems with acoustics, as big windows near the speakers ?

1 Like

Tidal or Gauder acoustic , german speakers if i am correct.
Voxativ are not more like horn speakers, designed for tubes amps?

2 Likes

NIce job @Suedkiez , very tidy cables, system and room!

2 Likes

Awesome room @Suedkiez !!!

1 Like

Lovely room and system. I’m loving your OCD- level of setting everything up. Well done indeed :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

2 Likes