System Pics 2021

Very nice Suedkiez. BTW, those look like end game speakers to me! :wink:

Seriously, I would be interested to hear where you go with speakers.

2 Likes

You know me too well Gazza!

2 Likes

Lovely room, looks really relaxing with the lovely trees out of the window, and great system.

2 Likes

Did not take long! :slight_smile: Thank you both.

As you know, the speakers come from my old system and I do like them very much. The system deserves an upgrade though. With the room not much damped (some improvements may yet come later) and the bigger energy that this system has, the MA’s liveliness around the top end, which I liked in particular about them, has become maybe a bit much. This and advancing age may make me look for a bit smoother presentation.

But it’s early days and I am so glad that now everything in front of the speakers is decided and I can focus on what is a huge topic all by itself. I thought this might have to wait a year or two, but I just had some unexpected income, so I guess I won’t be able to restrain myself much :smiley:

From what I have so far found to be available in and around Berlin, the usual suspects are currently on my list, in no particular order: Kudos Titans (though I can’t place them close to the wall as everyone seems to do, same goes for Naim of course), PMC facts, ATC, Focal Sopra/Kanta 2/3, KEF Reference/Blade, Dali Epicon 6/8, B&W 80x (though huge and I find them extremely ugly), Sonus Faber Olympia Nova (seems to tick the smoothness box), ProAc K3.

Exciting times, I will of course keep you posted!

6 Likes

Maybe you could consider Voxativ too, made in Berlin!

I think that Rega might be replaced by the real thing at some stage… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Great looking room!

2 Likes

Thanks, I am open to all suggestions! I forgot some on the above list as well, Audio Physic for example. I just hope very much that I don’t like the B&W tanks best

Ooh, speaker auditions!

As PB once told me, the hardest and most interesting choice to get right.

Happy auditioning. Take your time and that can mean many frustrating months.

Best regards, BF

1 Like

Nice work with the cables. Very nice room too! :+1:
No problems with acoustics, as big windows near the speakers ?

1 Like

Tidal or Gauder acoustic , german speakers if i am correct.
Voxativ are not more like horn speakers, designed for tubes amps?

2 Likes

NIce job @Suedkiez , very tidy cables, system and room!

2 Likes

Awesome room @Suedkiez !!!

1 Like

Lovely room and system. I’m loving your OCD- level of setting everything up. Well done indeed :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

2 Likes

It’s not too bad. The room is large, 50 sqm overall, and quite high, 3.3 m in the center and 3.1 around the edges. The main part that is in the pictures is 9.5 x 4 m plus there is an open kitchen behind the couch that is not in the pictures. It’s not very damped and lots of windows as you saw, but good distance from speakers and from listening spot to all walls and ceiling. I will look at some treatment later, there is enough space for a big bass trap or two, and the ceiling above the listening spot could do with some panels.

The MAs have the ribbon tweeters and are really good, with great bass and lovely and lively treble. Stereo imaging is totally fine in the room and no big issues with bass modes (though the current positioning is the only one that worked in this room, and I tried completely different configurations as well). But like I said, it’s a bit much now in the treble and it’s fatiguing at higher levels. Nothing that new speakers and a bit of treatment won’t fix, I have great hopes still :smiley:

1 Like

Good to see Sonic Youth on the wall.
Nice. :beers:

2 Likes

Sonus Faber maybe ? As you suggested above. The new range is quicker and more agile, with a very nice and soft medium. And a good match with Naim.

2 Likes

Exactly. They had no distributor in Germany until recently as far as I know, but there were some corporate changes and they just did a demo for my dealer to get included in their program. It was just an initial one with some standmounts, but my dealer was quite excited by them, and yes, particularly with Naim. I hope it works out that they take them on. The Olympia Nova 3 is definitely on the shortlist

1 Like

:beers:

And the new Kim Gordon book on the little table. Been there unopened for months, waiting for the system distractions to pass. Finally time for it now.

2 Likes

Mate what a great system,beautiful!!!
I wish you enjoy it every day.

1 Like

Thanks, so happy indeed. Apart from the sound as such, the biggest difference to previous piecemeal upgrades, on an entirely lower level, is that those upgrades were nice initially but within a week or two stopped being exciting. The main parts of this one, however, have been in place since November, being stuck at home I played music every day, and every single time I turned it on I have been in awe and grinning.

5 Likes