System Pics 2021

Not all work in a marriage is paid.

Let’s just leave it there.

1 Like

Agreed. Being a stay at home mom or dad is definitely work. But not likely to make one a millionaire. She’ll be able to do whatever she wants, and he likewise.

It is a lovely looking system; Very nice.

2 Likes

Stuart, very true the 252 can sound stunning, I had nearly 6 years of shear enjoyment from mine never thought I wold be able to get a 552 though?

2 Likes

Being a stay-at-home spouse can make you a millionaire if you marry the right person :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@GraemeH I’m so pleased that the 552 is living up to your hopes. It’s a stunning preamp and a world away from the rather pedestrian 252.

I hope you will feel able to accept my hungryhalibut award for the Ultimate Anti-Mullet. I’m rather surprised that nobody has suggested that you need to improve your speakers, which of course you absolutely don’t. But when someone does, they will automatically receive the Ultimate Clown award.

I hope your lovely system gives you and the family many many hours of enjoyment.

3 Likes

“Pedestrian”… jeez…!!!
I may as well stop breathing, right now…

15 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think @anon4489532 is a fan of the 252.

Not to worry. I thought it sounded very very good going into a 500.

3 Likes

Yep, views on the 252 differ. I would not have described my 252 as pedestrian.

14 Likes

The 252/250 combination is stunning in its ability to separate and present musical instruments and still retain the overall musicality. There is of course overlap in all Naim components throughout the range, but to call it pedestrian is somewhat of a s stretch that I can’t make.

Similarly I find the ‘rubbishing’ of other members choices to be unnecessary.

16 Likes

Indeed it is, a throughly top notch system by any measure. Off course there is always better for those who must, but if you can’t enjoy a 252/250 you’re in the wrong hobby.

Yeah, I just don’t get that. I bought mine second hand on my dealers advice without a listen (I trust him) and he was all over this nonsense about it being “too polite” or “pedestrian”. Utter nonsense, it’s a delight and has lovely PRAT for rock music.

Unfortunately, some members seem to delight it this particularly odd behaviour, which does nothing to enhance the discussion and just presents them in a bad light. Boring at best, and best ignored.

17 Likes

Gives you:

Well done :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

The 252 is a fantastic pre and I would love to be the owner of one. I’d prefer a 552, but like I say I would very very happy with a 252.

Respect for members choices would help here.

15 Likes

I am of the opinion that smaller speakers such as this one can produce the best of midrange and treble that the drivers can achieve. There is nothing preventing that. I do hope that this speaker uses the very best of crossover components as they use a very high quality Scan Speak tweeter and a (I’m pretty sure) Seas mid driver! They are good looking speakers and I suppose they also solve many room issues including space, aesthetic and resonance problems.

Bugger me according to the expert(s) I have a bottleneck of a power amp - the 250 and now my pre amp - 252 is pedestrian apparently.

Do people read their posts first or are they just that arrogant they don’t care. I know it’s only their opinion but really.

17 Likes

Bugger me twice - where have I been for the last 36 years +

1 Like

Wasting time it seems.

1 Like

The 252/250 pedestrian bottleneck :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

My 252/250:

9 Likes

In reality there is a bottleneck in every Naim system. This is their entire business model is it not. Better sound is only an upgrade away. I have to bite my lip often when browsing through the forum. Lots of comments on mullet systems etc. I am sure many would label my system as a complete mullet, having speakers that are leagues ahead of the the Atom. Well, i have the rest of my lifetime to upgrade the components and the atom is more that capable of driving the speakers for now given their sensitivity. Sure, there are benefits to be had with better gear but for now it sounds amazing to me!

Enjoy your mullet systems, pedestrian amps and bottleneck’s guys. :beers:

16 Likes