System Pics 2021

Looks great @GraemeH. Time for a white Fraim maybe? :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

I agree with others that white speakers are a perfect match in that room/setup. Looks great.

3 Likes

I love the speakers and stands in white. I’m not normally taken by speakers without grilles as they look bit unfinished to me however the black and white combination looks stunning in your room and set up.

Trust the 552 is opening up nicely.

2 Likes

Thanks and yes it is!

G

2 Likes

Difficult to tell from pics. Have you got any isolation pads for your components? A proper rack or Fraim would make it shine.

I’m sure it shines already. Is it something that you have considered?

I had my system in a cabinet but when I made the jump to Fraim it did sound so much better.

Everything looks great and I’m sure you’ve spent more than enough with the 552!

G

1 Like

That’s fantastic. Someone had to mention it :wink:

Enjoy the music and your fantastic system :+1:

1 Like

How big is your room?
Regards
David

3.2m ceiling height.

G

3 Likes

Thank you for that, I was under the impression they were diy but I couldn’t find anything when I googled without knowing who made them. I can now do some research,

Watch out, that “Napoleon complex” might come and bite your ass.

My current system, mix of Olive and Black with a touch of kudos.
Very large room

53 Likes

And from the listening position

20 Likes

I always think I am looking at the outside of a house when I see your listening room David. That,what looks like siding on the walls throws me off,was it some kind of addition to your house?

4 Likes

It was built that way
It’s an unusual design. I would like to think that it is acoustically a good thing. It does give the room some different vibe.
I like it but can see where some would prefer traditional walls.
The room is 30 x 20 ft with a cathedral ceiling that peaks at 18 ft.
Despite its size it is very cosy with the large rug and the soft, traditional furnishings

7 Likes

Hi trickydicky, I have a very similar system and same Fraim rack configuration. my question is, have you considered either replacing a std. level with a mid level or adding an additional std. level to get some separation from the brains and the brawn(power transformer). Yes it would be on Naim’s maximum height recommendations and have a " tower of power" look but i’m thinking it maybe beneficial!. My dealer seems to think it a good idea, but hey he’s a salesman, kind of a limited space alternative for to a 2 rack systems, Any thoughts.
Paul

1 Like

I was going to ask that same question, because that has always intrigued me about your room.

Thanks to @NO-QUARTER for beating me to it, and for your answer.

Close up of Naim boxes
Ndx2/555psdr/52/supercap/135s

23 Likes

Wow! Bet it sounds great. Huge room. I would like to hear those speakers, they have the same (similar) mid and tweeter as mine. Lovely drivers. Very uncoloured and natural sounding with extremely low distortion. My midrange is so smooth it is addictive! I am sure yours is too.

Best loudspeakers I’ve ever owned.
At second hand price a very good deal. Around $9000 US.
The 808s are above $35,000 I believe. Both top of Titan line, wonder how much better 808s are?
The 808s are more appealing aesthetically however. Never seen them in the flesh.
Regardless these are fantastic speakers and I hope they last a long time.
David

2 Likes