System Pics 2021

how do you find Simaudio against 200-202?

New in the rack is an XPS-DR to power the NDX 2. The rest of the system is an SN2, EtherRegen network switch and Harbeth C7es3-XD speakers.

34 Likes

Thanks a lot. My doubt about the 12 is about the possibility of being involving in some context due to their physical limitations

Thoughts on what it brings to the “mix”?

I only briefly compared the 200/202/HC with the Moon on the same speakers (my former Audiovector S3 Avantgarde) but it’s obvious that the Moon is more relaxed (though still very authoritative) and resolved and portrays a wider soundstage. Listening to e.g. Nils Lofgren’s “some must dream” it’s also clear that the Naim amp puts a lot more emphasis on the leading edge of the notes. Not sure which is the “right” or the “wrong” sound but the Naim was almost too much of a good thing with the Audiovectors, but the S-generation is known for being a little “hot” in the higher registers whereas the more recent generations are more relaxed in this area. With the Moon I find myself listening to music for longer periods of time without getting tired and really like the way the music just flows, which I prefer in our living room. I can also play louder with Moon without any signs of harshness or compression. That said, my 200/202/NAPSC in the home office is very engaging and also gives me a lot of listening pleasure.

1 Like

You can see my impressions here:

2 Likes

Nice to hear that there are more than me who still have a Denon S-10 tuner in use, a great device!
Unfortunately I do not listen to radio that often nowadays, but in Sweden the entire radio range is still broadcast on the FM frequency, fortunately, so when I get the urge to listen to radio, it is wonderful to have. The S-10 is also a exceptionally beautiful and well-built piece of equipment, don’t you think? :grin:

1 Like

Such a beautiful combo!

40 Likes

Yes, indeed, S-10 looks gorgeous, matches well with my Accuphase E600 amp. We also have the whole radio range available in FM here in Estonia, but I am not a big fan of their music choice. Works well for early morning news though.

2 Likes

252/500 or 282/500?

There seems to be something parked on the pre amp.

Out house faces south east, so we get a brief visit from the morning sun. It’s particularly nice at this time of year and gives a warm glow to the Isoblue.

17 Likes

44 Likes

Great lovely record HH :smiley: Respect!

Thanks. It’s one of my all time favourites.

Yes, Accuphase is another beauty and the big brother among the Japanese manufacturers of classic-looking hifi, a real crown jewel

Can’t quite make out the name on the sleeve - would you mind…?

Tracey Thorn (of Everything But The Girl fame) - A Distant Shore.

Yes, it’s her debut album on Cherry Red, from 1982. A wonderful record and recorded for £138 according to Wikipedia.

1 Like

Thank you!