System Pics 2021

…at last… Another VPI in here … :smiley:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind working my days in there. Not sure I’d get much work done!

2 Likes

The current CAT SL1 Renaissance BPX has no peers, IME. I have owned a CAT preamp in one form or another for decades, so it has been easy to listen to various combos with it over time. I roll in NOS tubes into my CAT preamps, that also tends to widen the gap with all other tube preamps.
Although you may have to visit different vendors to hear these pieces, that is exactly what i would do.

who find the difference? :wink:

12 Likes

One is a black and white photo and the other is in colour.

Do I win a prize ?

Other speaker. One size smaller. Testing T+A Criterion 2000. mine are the 2100er.
Its more detailled, bass is enough and the „curtain“ is gone

I moved my Kharma DB7’s further away from the wall, and added the floor protection cups that were missing from the crates.
The dealer recommended 18” from the wall, but where they sit now is the sweet spot from my former speakers. Here everything just snaps into focus, I don’t know how shoving speakers up against a wall can possibly work.:man_shrugging:

15 Likes

Damn close, Royd Eden’s…

1 Like

I don’t do much/any work these days… :tumbler_glass:

The VPI TT’s are really very good ! :+1:

4 Likes

You’ve added a record box?

Indeed :+1: I trust you… :relaxed:

24 Likes

Very nice looking, that plinth is just about the right height… :smiley:

Enjoy

Our spaces…

Multipurpose room, main system, with bare NDX2…

10 Likes

10 Likes

Office, in the same room, to the left of the image in the PC…

6 Likes

Living…

10 Likes

Bedrooms…

5 Likes

9 Likes

I know electronics is important, but also speakers suitable for the room, and I am delighted with ProAc, cause after much testing in the main spaces, they are such speakers that even asymmetrically placed (Tablette 10 SE) or boxed in the shelf (SM 100, Stewart Tyler’s latest personal design) and near the walls they sound fantastic. And the K6, they need a lot more space, but it is a musical immersion each time you can concentrate a little with them.

Best, folks.

3 Likes