System Pics 2021

hope not.

1 Like

I like no lights too

1 Like

Hard to avoid the green ones.

Thanks… Looking for a preloved ndx2 at a good price😊 also I have been looking at shunyata alpha v2 speaker cable, their power chords are very good so wanted to try speaker cable buy not sure if it is safe on a naim sytem

Just ask the manufacturer for the inductance and capacitance figures so that you can compare them with NACA5 and that will tell you what you need to know.

Erm…

An NDX2 is a great bit of kit. With regard to speaker cable, I second what @ChrisSU said.

Agreed in principle but… what is the bandwidth in ‘compare’? Where does the green zone end and orange and red zone start?

Your woofer is obviously better trained than our cats, none of that pottery would survive!

2 Likes

Supernait 1. Probably not the strongest amp on earth, but it works fine for me and the Magico.
Enough omp in my small home. And its always a pleasure to plan the next step: Class A Pass Labs?

2 Likes

As the values and recommended lengths for NACA5 is known, a little multiplication goes a long way:

1 Like

Demo the Hicap DR first. It strongly improves the SN1.

2 Likes

Thank you @Suedkiez

I think it would be nice if Naim would be a little more clear than ‘NAC A5 or comparable’. How difficult can it be to specify the optimal bandwidth - which is wider than just NAC A5 spec - for their amps?

They are saying 3.5 to 20 meters of NACA5 with the optimum about 10 meters. Doesn’t this give a useful envelope? Anyways, there is a current thread about this here, maybe a better place than System Pics :wink:

1 Like

Why would Naim go out of their way to help competitors sell their cables when they themselves offer one that’s designed for the job? It’s up to those manufacturers and their dealers to do that, surely.

3 Likes

There’s already a current thread going that appropriate here. Please keep to the topic at hand - system pics. Thanks.

5 Likes

Bought a new house, so got some free lush wallpaper. System set up at the side of a ‘through’ room, protection from junior - the dismantled play pen. Still sounds pretty amazing, more bass in the smaller room than the 805d3’s managed in my previous spacious open plan flat space. Now unpacking records, one box each night. 26 boxes of records moved of 30kgs each. The move did make me think I really should be embarrassed with this music passion!

49 Likes

first time i see this type of compromise…
i got to say… it´s… original.

:wink:

4 Likes

Gotta be thinking, adoption :joy:

2 Likes

You must have a pretty lively system to have to keep it fenced in like that…

6 Likes