System Pics 2021

Now that looks nice! speakers look very interesting

2 Likes

There is a whole thread showing Mark making these beautiful speakers.

2 Likes

IIRC, thereā€™s a company out there (Audio Chic?) offering a wooden stand specially for the Mu-So Qb - it looks somewhat like a bar stool. I havenā€™t heard it though, so no idea how well it works, but it surely must be better than many table tops.

ā€œMakingā€?
Would love the link to that

well I sold all my recording equipment which has opened up the space between my speakers and around the hi-fi.

I have bought a dragonfly DAC to play hi res files from my computer and was wondering on advice - whether to drop the CD player to middle shelf so I can put the computer on top shelf when in use? Or best to leave it as it is with the space between them and plug the computer at more of a distance?

7 Likes

Thanks for the comments. This is the thread. :+1:t2:

One of the reasons for buying the Supernait was its internal phono stage, which is extremely good. There is a post elsewhere that compares it very favourably with the Aria, though itā€™s a comparison Iā€™ve not made. Iā€™m really not sure it would be sensible to use a Ā£975 phono stage with a Ā£269 cartridge in any event.

4 Likes

When I moved to my current home I wanted to have FM as main source so I bought a 2nd hand NAT05.
I then tried to have an aerial installed, but five technicians declined. They all suggested a satellite antenna, which meant mp3 music. Nobody remotely realized what good FM means. I tried with internal antennas but our FM reception is awful here. I ended up giving up. Good FM is still my main regret, audio-wise.

2 Likes

You still running those behemoths off the Atom?

Atom + Nap 200. Iā€™m now saving for an NDX2 but if a 272 replacement comes out before, Iā€™ll get that instead.

1 Like

282 installed today! Happy manā€¦ :sunglasses:

45 Likes

Great, enjoy it (I am thinking about it).
Any (future) plan for a power supply for NDX2?

David

Not yet. The next upgrade is a 250 DR to replace the 200 DR currently in situ.

5 Likes

When FM was big and Naim sold lots of tuners it was said you had to have a Ron Smith Galaxie aerial.

At the time I had a NAT02 and so got one of these. It was enormous. When we last moved house I never got round to getting it installed again. I think itā€™s still in the garage and the NAT02 is long gone.

I can only see one HC.

1 Like

im still on the speaker search for my bare NDX2 and SN3 - which speakers are you considering?

Indeed. Stayed with one on advice, and save towards getting a Supercap eventually. Next up is a 250.

3 Likes

Iā€™m certainly one of those that has posted that and have an Aria in front of a SN3 with an RP6/Exact and have posted how the SN3 internal phono stage presents a very tough challenge to the Aria and Iā€™d certainly be happy enough to run native.

I guess my logic was as follows;

1. When I heard the combination together it sounded so good I just wanted to replicate the sound at home.

2. The inevitable eye on the future and certainly the next upgrade would be the RP6 (which has been and is excellent) but a P8 or P10 would be on the shortlist, with an inevitable uplift on the cart front, so the thinking was future proofing.

3. Didnā€™t expect the phono stage on the SN3 to be so good.

Certainly in the here and now I rather have CD and Amp on same level from a visual perspective and move HCDR down to lower shelf along with the Aria, but the leads from RP6 on Rega wall shelf donā€™t reach to the lower level, so the Aria canā€™t move.

So I can either bite the bullet and remove the Aria until upgrade on TT strikes and improve the visuals on the layout of the system (and trust me it irrationally irritates me having TT on Tuner input on SN3 when via Aria) or I stick with knowing the limited improvement the Aria is making currently.

1 Like

Iā€™d agree on the 250 next. Donā€™t overlook a used 300 either it works really well with a 282/HiCap DR

I wouldnā€™t bother with a Supercap until you have a power supply on your NDX2.

2 Likes

Yes, I suspect thatā€™s the way to go. Iā€™d also thought about a 300. So that money I was thinking about spending on a turntableā€¦ Thereā€™s a certain inevitability about all this isnā€™t there?

3 Likes