System Pics 2021

Love it! :+1:

Thanks, you are probably right but as you say my options are limited. Seems to be ok sound wise I haven’t noticed a change if I’m honest. I’m a bit less anal about it these days to be honest! I had ideas of dismantling the unit and building a stand alone contraption and plugging in an iec cable instead of directly plugging it in as it is the photo. We shall see. My spare time when my daughter is napping is now spent riding my gravel bike which takes hours and when I’m back home it’s back on dad duty with the boss so time for such projects is short!

4 Likes

Bevan! Yes the Kans are fantastic. I do miss them! Glad you’re still enjoying them. Hope things are good down under :slight_smile:

Last system picture before changing both the electronics and the speakers.
It was a delightful journey.

Last_Naim500_picture_2

37 Likes

Are you close to one of the Magico side wall distance ratios there? 4/14ths 5/14ths perhaps?

Unfortunately not, my room isn’t symmetrical, hence the specific room treatment.

1 Like

Hi Thomas, good luck with the change over. We are expecting a separate thread for your findings, once the gear has settled in and your mind down :wink: Enjoy Peter

1 Like

Very true not only that they can be a fire hazard I could smell something burning one afternoon heard a bang and one had caught fire in the lounge luckily I was able to switch it off.

I had aerial engineer install an ethernet cable to the upstairs and around to the back of the house. I could not believe the difference in both how much quicker everything was to load up plus you do not realise how much noise they introduce into your system untill you take them out.

2 Likes

Well I have been ‘Away’ for quite some time. Previously reached the dizzy heights of 555,552 & 500 but been retired now for quite a while. System these days is focused on Steaming audio and Home theatre. Some of the old stuff like Fraim, Kharma and Michel still around just a lot more speakers now !!!

Only allowed I pic per post since rejoined so ‘new’
Geoff

32 Likes

So another pic

Geoff

35 Likes

Good to see you back here Geoff. The Michell and Fraim look familiar.

Hope all well with you.

Welcome back Geoff !

… and from me too :relaxed: ATB Peter

Congrats, there is something so cool about the design of a Cyrus box.

1 Like

Thanks Richard. Yes all is good just bit creaky these days

and thanks James for the welcome

Geoff

15 Likes

Welcome back Geoff. Are you living in the Netherlands by any chance? Or did?

Richard

Yep… Near Eindhoven. now a dutch citizen as well…brexit driven!!

1 Like

@SuitablyOld - Ha ha… then I’m 99.9% sure we met many years ago! :grinning:
You visited me and vice versa listening to our systems. I remember the Karma’s as very impressive speakers. And you still seem to have them. Still a small world! :blush:

Happy to be corrected as my understanding of these things is limited. I think the white box/plug is a TP Link wifi extender, I think also known as a travel router. I don’t think the internet signal is sent over the mains, rather it is a device that receives and boosts a wifi signal. (That’s a lot of thinks because I am guessing).
When I first bought my Melco I was told that a powerline adapter was needed, two units that plugged into the mains, one connected to the router, one to the Melco. The only thing was it interfered with equipment in my attached neighbours home, so was sent back and swapped for a single plug in unit similar to the one shown. Also guessing, given the size, it contains an SMPS which may not be beneficial, but not as bad as the two piece setup.

1 Like

A fond farewell I’m sure @Thomas . I’d missed that you were also changing speakers. What have you chosen to pair with the Soulution’s?