System Pics 2021

You gave me an idea-
I will start looking for a vacant church in Jaffa :wink:

2 Likes

Very stylish.

Looks great and being an ex church, what is your ceiling height? ATB Peter

That’s a difficult question to answer. It’s hard to describe. From the centre of the living room, which occupies the full width of the house, there is open space to the ceiling which must be some 50 or 60 feet in height. The space extends through an open atrium in the first floor from which you can look down into the living room, but there are lower ceilings (say 10-12 feet) along the edges of the living room (ie beneath the first floor rooms). Acoustically, this all means that if I crank up the volume I can fill the whole house, albeit with a loss of detail and stereo imaging, but when sitting in the listening-to-music-properly space, the relatively lower ceilings confine the sound so that I get the perfect (to my mind) blend of church resonance while keeping detail and imaging.

4 Likes

Great looking room. Not normally a fan of Blue but it really works with the dark wood floor. :+1:t5:

Really nice room AND system Graeme. :+1:t5:

I’ll buy that :+1:

Thanks. We painted the ceiling the same colour too. My Wife was absolutely adamant that she wouldn’t like it (she likes ceilings white!), but I put my foot down and it looks great. Really nice and cosy and feels like a proper little snug with the log burner going.

1 Like

52 Likes

Nice wall shelf. Unobtrusive.

Nice set up! Seem to be missing a Nait though! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, yes I’m pleased with it and would like to go active once I find a second pair of amps. I have active boards to go in the amps. The wall shelf I finally made myself on my furlough day off. Sorry to see the Nait go but not getting used but I hope you are enjoying it.

Tomorrow hopefully.

You will find there only Aticot and restaurants :grinning:

Stunning! Looks like a very “zen” environment for listening :slight_smile:
Is that treatment along the ceiling corners?

No just Christmas decorations waiting to come down tomorrow. Must admit they do give a nice relaxing light.

Yes I have bass traps from floor to ceiling in all corners. Unfortunately my room is almost square. The acoustic treatment has made the room listenable.

And wonderful apartments at outrageous prices :disappointed:

2 Likes

Very happy with my new ND5 XS2 and B&W 804 D3s :slightly_smiling_face:

54 Likes

Excellent first post, @TonyKlein! Great system …

3 Likes