System Pics 2021

Thanks! I’m particularly happy with the sound since finally swapping my Sonos port /Spotify combination for the Naim/Tidal Combo.

3 Likes

I started out in a similar place to you. Don’t know if you’ve tried Qaboos? I found it better value and better quality than Tidal. Tidal is though so much better than Spotify. Glad you’re enjoying the system!

I went straight from Spotify to Tidal, although I did briefly consider Qobuz as an alternative. I have heard that some people find it sounds more “musical”, whatever that means. So far I’m very happy with Tidal, but I may well check out Qobuz in a later stage. :+1:

Not so much new since last pic-Installed the CAD ground box. Very happy with sound: more “live” and “nerve”. I think I will leave the system as is as it sounds so balanced right now.

33 Likes

Welcome, and great to see another happy Naim/ B&W 804 owner.
Nice carving also!

1 Like

A fluted LP12 and an ARO? Is that an Armageddon in there too?

I love the black boxes in a black varnished chinese cabinet - very elegant. A great omen too.

1 Like

No Armageddon here-it is in my office system. Tried to update my profile not sure I did it. It is an ebony woodsong plinth, keel, karousel, dynavector xv1t, klimax radikal, Urika 1).

2 Likes

Thanks, great to be here. Yup, the carving was a present from one of my oldest friends. :slightly_smiling_face:

System pics are my inspiration to have Naim but I haven’t contributed in these posts, it’s time.

82, SC olive, and ND5xs2 were new to me on last year.

Wish everyone stay safe and enjoy music,

52 Likes

Yeah. My previous two B&W sets were both in walnut and I thought this would be a nice change. Besides, they complement the Naim units and the cabinet very well.

The GC1 is quite good here, too. It removed the hardness from the mid- and high frequencies in my system and made it so much more listenable.

Did you also get more of a “live” sound?

The glare I mentioned took away nearly all the pleasure of listening to music for a longer time away. I simply couldn’t get over it and listen to other aspects. What I have now surely is lively, but the improvements I got were more noticeable in other areas.

Beautiful :+1:

Is the camera flash changing the colour of those Allae’s ?

Nice setup by the way.

Don’t the notes floating around get on your nerves

2 Likes

Lovely Ion setup!

Several changes last year but just going with the flow for the time being.
Who knows what’s on the cards this year.

Best

Popeye. :grinning::+1:t2:

43 Likes

Power supply for the NDX2 in that spare shelf, obviously :sunglasses:

1 Like