System Pics 2021

Simply…Wow! :+1:

1 Like

Great system! Are the cables from your TV going through the wall to an adjoining room? Looks like cables are going out, or coming in from just under power sockets?
I have the 606’s…

1 Like

Thanks, it sounds great, very happy with it.

It’s a false wall with a 5 inch deep cavity behind the TV. Speaker cables, LAN, HDMI etc… run behind the false wall. A compromise really since it’s a living room setup which was originally a hybrid of stereo and home theatre. If it was pure listening, I’d run the cables along the ground… some day I hope to separate into dedicated listening and HT setups but I don’t have the rooms at the moment… it’ll do for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, time to put your feet up and enjoy that lot. Great system you have there!!

1 Like

I like the dedication to pair the SCM40’s with a NAP500. Just out of curiosity, was this the result of a conscious decision (perhaps through actual dems) to remain passive and push the SCM40’s all the way with a 500 rather than switch to active 40A’s earlier in the upgrade path?

8 Likes

I was going to put in a false chimney breast, but it would have made my narrow room even more narrower.

Music comes first, so the fireplace just had to go! :grinning: My Samsung Q90 only has one thin cable, so it was easy to route it to the Ikea unit, and the Samsung ‘One Connect Box’.

19 Likes

Nice… very neat and tidy and agree about the fireplace… might be necessary in a cold place but they don’t work well with AV. Those 606s look great in your setup too.

1 Like

There is something quite similar to that in my loft. I put the XPS box up there yesterday after its return from being DRd. It just fits through the loft hatch for which reason I shan’t be buying a statement. :grinning:

3 Likes

Sensational Meni - love it - I want too

1 Like

I got the ATC’s seems like approx 2yrs back, had SL2’s prior…
Had 552/300DR at the time, demoed Focal, PMC, Kudos, blah, blah, didn’t work for me…the local Naim shop stocked ATC so I first demoed the SCM50 passive and active at home…loved the sound - however physically (and prob sound) they were just a little too ‘big’. So demoed the SCM40 passive and active at home…still loved that ATC sound. I just preferred the passive and loved the match with the 300DR. At the time I almost went ‘active’…
So now I have scratched the ‘500DR’ itch, in due course I will very likely move to a Pre-amp/streamer combo (need a new streamer anyways) and go ATC ‘active’, but not just yet…plenty of enjoyment in the current system.
The SCM40 passives go well IMHO with the 552DR/500DR, and their incredible price point vs sound still defies belief.

9 Likes

Bit late posting for me this year as there have been some substantial changes. Concerns about box count and the unavailability of spares for my beloved NBLs lead to a change to ATC SCM100ASLTs which reduced the box count by 5. I did consider Kudos 808s but it would have left the box count the same and I really enjoy the sense of scale the ATCs bring.

Second system. ATC SCM40s replacing SBLs and work absolutely superbly with the Nova.

And new for this year in lockdown loft conversion project

54 Likes

What do you want? My lion or my equipment?

1 Like

Very nice systems, first time i have seen the scm100 aslt……much nice with the plinth rather than the metal stand imo.

1 Like

Very nice !
the ATC sound is something special, especially in triple !..the ‘towers’ do look well, not heard the 100’s, however the 50’s I have demoed and they were damn good…so I can imagine their sense of scale…

Enjoy

1 Like

Very nice, ATC 40’s in your second system wow. I heard the active 50’s being demoed at my dealer, I thought that the demo room partition might come down!

They replaced my old SBLs so they had to be an improvement. If you consider what SBLs would cost today they wouldn’t be far short of ATC SCM40s.

In any event the main system change was virtually cost neutral when 3 250DRs, 3 runs of Super Lumina, a Supercap DR, the NBLs and Snaxo were traded in so that eased the ‘pain’.

4 Likes

Good move - sound, cost & space wise…I can see myself going a similar route in the future, lots of black boxes to trade…I think only my turntable/arm would be keepers…
Meanwhile, enjoy your ‘triplets’…

1 Like

B&W were on a real run then, I had a pair of 805n’s, they stayed in the system for a long time and then went on a decade long loan to a friend. The mate has just recently replaced them with the B&W606 and was about to return them when he mentioned they went for serious money these days, so ended up selling them on ebay for only £200 less than I paid for them 22 years ago, incredible.

Glad they worked for you. I used them in my nearfield system with LS3/5a, they were not a patch on the acoustic foam wedges I normally use so I reverted.

Both of course :joy: