System Pics 2021

A Clearaudio Emotion , not heavily promoted by the distributors in this country.

A lovely bit of kit , more or less the same arm as on the new LP12 Majik

9 Likes

Yes I am with a DC1 BNC-BNC S/pdif cable.

Hi Mark,

I would absolutely agree with @frenchrooster . I used Naim and EAR for twenty years and loved the result. The only thing that drew me away was moving to SBLs, where there is a natural synergy with the Naim amps.

M

2 Likes

While waiting for my new rack, to fit both CD player and turntable, this will be enough to play some music…

35 Likes

:rofl: Welcome home. Let the music take you to nirvana! :slight_smile:

Hi Richard, I used to do the exact same thing as you. Mine was with Chord Mscaler/TT2 however. Have you ever used a Naim streamer, and transferred the DC1 to it’s digital out? I recently bought an ND5XS2, and now access the Core through UPNP in the ND5. The sound is much better this way I am afraid, as it was when I did the same with an NDS for a while. It seems like the Streamer is doing some kind of magic to the music through UPNP.

1 Like

Lovely room. What racks are you going for?

1 Like

Thanks!
At first I thought of a FraimLite, but I wanted glass tops as well and since Fraim is really expensive IMO, I bought my own material for the rack…
The glass sheets are ordered from my local glazier and I bought the frame at a hardware store. At first I thought of building myself but then I realize that I know a retired carpenter who is very good, he usually renovates furniture for antique dealers, so he is building the rack for me. The color will be satin black… (PlastiKote)

16 Likes

Interesting project….keep us posted

2 Likes

Having sold most of my electronics on the road to a less complicated system, I dug out an ancient NAD receiver bought for my parents many years ago. A pair of Sony step-up transformers help the MM phonostage.

21 Likes

Still got that DPS. A beautiful machine.

3 Likes

Thanks :grinning: and no plans to sell the dps. I have a new frosted white top board and Bauer tonearm waiting at my dealer, but will keep the black one and the Graham for a while, just in case…

2 Likes

So you state a 282 with a ND5XS2 is a good match? I have a SN2 now but next step in a few years will be 282 (and after that selling SN2 and buy a 250DR) .

The ND5XS2 in this setup is used as a transport only and feeds an MScaler/ Qutest this transforms the digital source into something completely different and tbh worthy of a 552 pre.

1 Like

That is a different game :slight_smile:

Hello Richard, this is a really important point to me. I do not plan to dismiss my dac and I m thing about the best way to feed it. I don t love the idea to feed my dac with a streamer and I would prefer something like the core. Did you compared core with streamer performances in this context?

1 Like

Will do!:+1:

When I had my NDX, I preferred Core straight into the Naim DAC.

It has been quite exactly one year since I got serious about my big dream of a classic Naim system. Some of you may have seen parts of my journey and some pics in various stages, and I owe the forum in its entirety a huge “THANK YOU!” - I could not have done it without all of you, as well as the fine folks from Naim on the forum. I am tempted to list some of you by name, but it does not feel right to leave out so many.

So with last August’s CDS3 purchase handed off to another nice forum member (it had become redundant after the pandemic made me rip CDs like a maniac) and the final touches applied, here is my end game (apart from the speakers):

(Inside the TV furniture, 8switch on the right, Cirrus 7 fanless on the left in silver as Roon Core with Rock)

100 Likes

Very nicely done, especially the cables……i can sense another Monitor audio fan chiming in soon….

3 Likes