System Pics 2021

There is never an ending to it. Had listened to streaming earlier in the day, then did the final things with the system and at most slightly touched the Sarum T interconnect from the NDX2 when making final dressing adjustments. After this listened only to vinyl. Now switched to the streamer and found one channel without sound. The standard interconnect works, so the Sarum seems to have given up the ghost. A few months old, cost an arm and a leg and was only handled with great care. Unbelievable :smiley:

What is the silver hedgehog looking thingy with all the cables coming out? Some kind of power block?

Good call, it is indeed the Music-Line PowerIgel Plus. (“Igel” is German for hedgehog :slight_smile: )
That’s the powerblock built by the German distributor, Music-Line, which is now Focal Naim Germany. The “Plus” version has all Naim Power-Lines. A bit pricey but very good, I managed to get a pre-owned one for half price

5 Likes

That’s a powerigel mains block

1 Like

Cool, thank you!

Usher speakers are absolutely awesome. Very underrated and a Hifi bargain. Love mine.

4 Likes

They also make a version with the regular Naim powercords. The special thing about it is that all cable contacts are welded to common contact points. Machine translation as their website is only in German:

Thanks to a special welding process, there are practically no transition losses, unlike conventional plug-in strips with screwed contacts. The punctiform contact also ensures the same high-quality sound for all connected components.

1 Like

Very beautiful! I hope my wife doesn’t see them. Congratulations

Some serious cables!

I did everything I reasonably could :slight_smile: Apart from being lucky with the PowerIgel Plus (they are quite rare pre-owned), I also got lucky with the Sarum Ts (interconnect and DIN/XLR for the 300), one of the larger German Chord dealers decided to retire and posted on a German classified portal where I had an auto-search, so they dropped into my lap for 50% off.

If only the interconnect hadn’t broken yesterday for no reason! :roll_eyes:

If only the interconnect manufacturer had used “punctiform contacts” :slight_smile:

1 Like

And welded them :slight_smile:

Hi Suedkiez,

Is that foam insulation you are using around the cables?

M

Yep. For the interconnects/burndys/snaics only in very few places where they otherwise refused not to touch. The power cord stash that is hidden in the lowest rack level is placed on the same Sicomin carbon-kevlar base just like each device is, but I also used foam to prevent any rattling - I’m quite sure they wouldn’t anyway, but as James Blake and Billie Eilish can make cutlery rattle if I throw it carelessly into the kitchen sink, I thought I’d just add the foam while I’m at it :slight_smile:
It’s black pipe isolation foam I got from Amazon which is softer (and prettier) than the grey one that is most often used and that I also use for the speaker cables behind the TV furniture (as I need it to be sturdier there)

1 Like

I think it is a brilliant idea. I have been using old loo rolls but have now ordered some cladding.

Cheers

It’s one of many ideas that I got from the forum’s unlimited fount of wisdom! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The black, soft one is from “sourcingmap” on Amazon. The grey one is available in any home improvement store

1 Like

Thx

Nice System :+1:

Regarding Berlin: did you try some actual Sehring Speakers? What I have heard they do well with Naim gear.

2 Likes

And the grey blocks behind the TV furniture are yoga practice blocks from Amazon, made from foam. They are quite brilliant as they are stable but can be easily cut with a knife for cable channels. These are my own invention :wink:
Hmmm, which reminds me, I could drill holes to run the cables through them. Oh well, in case I get bored …

The pillars for the NACA5 are stacked doorstops

2 Likes