System Pics 2021

It’s handy for testing whether you have the speaker cables the right way round but I’m also surprised the misaligned knobs aren’t spotted in the factory.

1 Like

Can I ask which phono stage you had before the Heed, and how you find the Quasar in comparison?

1 Like

I believe I had Rega Fono prior to Quasar. I’ve always enjoyed my Quasar very much. It also use a separate power unit which is really high quality. Haven’t compared it to other phono stages though but Heed is known to punch well above its price and seem to have a similar design philosophy as Naim.

1 Like

Thanks, I have a Fono now with a P3 and Hana mc cart, buy am now taking delivery of a RP8. The Fono was always due to be replaced and I have been looking at the Quasar as the few reviews give it a good write up and the dealer I bought the Hana from sells them.

Give it a go and ask for a home trial. I’m pretty sure you won’t send it back :wink:

1 Like

My study system.

The listening chair in the music room.

Also excited as we will soon be getting a new carpet for the lounge, the exciting bit is that I can then get my other system out which has been in boxes for far too long.

Tim

20 Likes

How do you find the Bluesound Node 2i and does it support Tidal MQA streaming? I picked up a cheap Teufel Connector so I could get Spotify Connect through my system, and have just registered for the 90 day trial of Tidal HiFi that I got with my Muso Qb2. I’m really impressed with Tidal so far, seems a lot better than Spotify Connect (which it should be, obviously). If I can stomach £20 p/month for Tidal HiFi once the trial ends, I can’t see the benefit in ripping all of my CDs.

Lol, my Teufeul Connector was £100. Best value addition ever.

Just checked my SN3…same thing here.
I don’t consider it as a problem.
Also I find the balance control knob .
very useful for room correction.

1 Like

Qobuz is cheaper, and many think is better than tidal.
If you pay annually, works out at 13 notes a month for hires,…and yes, the node does mqa if that is your bag.

1 Like

It is marvellous and yes, it does support Tidal MQA/Masters. It sounds very good indeed. For £499 the Node 2i is a complete steal. Tidal is way better than Spotify (though I’ve never tried Quboz, so can’t compare it to that).

5 Likes

If you place the amplifier outside of the speakers instead of between them, which many users do, the outputs are placed the right way. This setup works well with the long speaker cables recommend for the classic amps.

I have been in contact with Phil at Nytech as I have boards that I’m hoping to activate my SBL’s with but was waiting until I have another pair of amps and will get serviced. I have a pair of MA40’s and a pair with TX750 power supply ( ones on the rack ). Waiting to get matching ones if that makes sense. For the price they are hard to beat.

1 Like

Fantastic. Need to add one soon. I assume the uplift was heard on your turntable as well?

I recently took a flyer on a node 2i for ease of Qobuz and radio paradise in FLAC for my 272. It was so much more engaging through the BNC digital input I have completely shut off the streaming side of the 272 (unplugged the Ethernet chord). Added a nice uplift on the LP12 as well.

1 Like

And why is it so easy for you to disparage other posters? Why are you so grumpy?

2 Likes

You try living life as an undernourished flatfish! :joy:

3 Likes

Hi, @DanielH. You must be new here? You are welcome.

We all have old friends, and relatives, who are sometimes grumpy, but give more than they get from participating with us.

Stay awhile, and be a little grumpy, in your turn.

Nick

4 Likes

they are SL so should be ok ?

Sorry, I don’t follow - what does SL stand for?

1 Like

Hi Daniel. I simply find it a bit unreasonable for someone to slag off the way Naim design their amplifiers when all they need to do is look in the manual to see how to use their equipment. The terminals on the back of the amp even say which one is which.

9 Likes