System Pics 2021

You appear to have the space, so low and wide looks best to my eyes. Also, try the 52 on the spare top shelf, it apparently likes a lot of air around it.

1 Like

There is also the ā€˜ Stairway to heaven ā€˜ approach :rofl: Enjoy Peter

33 Likes

Looks great Peter. What are the boxes on the right stack? Power supplies for the 500 and CD555. What is the third?

Twin 555PSDR for the CD555 I suspect.

I was at a demo at my dealer last night, fun to listen to brands other than Naim sometimes. Chord electronics heaviest pieces together with Magico speakers ā€¦ It did not sound bad if you say so ā€¦ :grin:
(Hope this post does not violates any rule, admin is welcome to remove it in that case)

10 Likes

Hi snarfy, yes itā€™s dual PSs for Cd 555 :+1:t3: ATB Peter

2 Likes

@Naim_The_Dragon
The unit is made by Ercol and is part of their Bosco range, available from all good furniture retailers.

1 Like

Dear,
Iā€™m interested in knowing more about the tiles on your wall.
What is the brand ? Where did you buy them ?
Best regards.
GreG.

Dear,
Iā€™m interested in knowing more about your TV longboard.
What is the brand ? Where did you buy it ?
Best regards.
GreG.

Like the spacing between the racks and I suspect it makes cable dressing a lot easier.

Hi Graham, absolutely right and also the 500 head didnā€™t like the close proximity of the S1ā€™s transformer. To me it stopped having a deleterious influence at a 12 inch distance. Iā€™m aware that the set up to many looks a bit stretched out, but with a dedicated listening room everything is set up for easier cable dressing and best sound. Mad old, eh?:crazy_face: Best Peter

I thought it was quite interesting that in the Solstice promotional photo with a Statement, a 500 head unit is on the lowest Fraim level and looks pretty close to the powered up Statement trio:

13 Likes

I must admit that if and when factory tours are re-started that would be a helluva system to listen to

1 Like

Iā€™ll say

I popped into a store in another city here in NZ, with a full Statement, and they refused to play anything! Owing apparently to there being a lack of an adequate source that day.

Not that I was even remotely in the market. Which I guess theyā€™d sized up by that time as well.

Edit: Fair enough that there wasnā€™t a source available that was up to the job. Source first and all that. I didnā€™t mean my post to be sarcastic. The ambiguity of the written word.

3 Likes

Have heard that system (not the TT of course) on a couple of occasions. Great system but hated the Focal speakers unfortunatelyā€¦

2 Likes

What a bizarre reaction. Maybe they feel they already have plenty of customers and sales and donā€™t need to bother with moreā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen more spaced out systems (physically, not mentally :grinning:), think yours looks fine.

Whatā€™s the make/model of the power distribution block between your brain and brawn stacks?

Hi Graham, itā€™s the Musicworks G3 distribution box ( also called the dogā€™s box :wink: ) and it works really well in conjunction with dedicated mains. Interface between the G3 bottom spikes and floor matters btw. :joy: ATB Peter

Iā€™m not entirely unsympathetic here. If you donā€™t have a decent source then any demo of the Statement (or indeed any other amp where the source is not up to par) would be a waste of your time and theirs and leave you wondering what the fuss is about.

Znai, hopefully they took your contact details and will arrange something when they have an appropriate source back in the dealership?

1 Like

Their reaction seemed a little off hand Richard but maybe Iā€™m misinterpreting based on what Znai wrote ("ā€¦ refused to playā€¦") so maybe they were a bit more diplomatic.

1 Like