System Pics 2021

I have my whole room too but it’s so tiny, only 3.4x2.75 meters. This shot was taken outside the room at balcony.

44 Likes

@Bandit is that CD5/flatcap with 72/hc/140 into Tab 10s?

My recollection is 72/hc/140 into Tab 10s was a great great match

2 Likes

This is my system right now. LP12, Kore, Lingo 1, Dynavector 10X5, Linn Akito upgraded by Audio Origami, Cirkus, Graham Slee Reflex M phono stage, 82, Supercap 2, 2 x 135s, NDS, non Naim PSU, CDS3 and XPS2, Focal Aria 936 speakers all on Full Fraim.

61 Likes

Your system is the “history of Naim” system - a nice combination of all 3 generations as I’ve mentioned before! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Still one of the best mixed generation systems out there.

2 Likes

Nice one - I used to be in the basement too, but when I divorced I’ve changed house and upgraded to the living room :slight_smile: (that was 20+ years ago before anyone is tempted to say sorry).

If you ever decide to change speakers, may I humbly suggest that you consider Magnepans? They are ideal for low ceiling rooms due to their cylindrical dispersion patterns (vs spherical for cone speakers that can end up overloading a low ceiling room). I used to have the MG3.5s in my basement and they sounded amazing. Despite having a pair of very expensive Magicos driven by even more expensive electronics, there was something magical about the Maggies being driven by the Jadis Defy-7. Sure, current system is better is most areas, but the previous combo did things that the current system can’t do.
I would probably go for the Maggies MG30, if it wasn’t for the (not so recent) wife.

Thanks very much. It was built on the platform of an 82, hicap and 250 and things went from there a few years ago.

1 Like

Thanks, sounds pretty damned good !

1 Like

Need to get a lightning to female USB to connect to an iPhone and then plug in the Dragonfly and then the headphones.

Fine for at home but when out and about I use my Flare Pro 2HDs and their Bluetooth DAC.

7 Likes

30 Likes

The DragonFly is very special. Mine travels a lot, always works, sounds superb.

5 Likes

Just an observation, but surely the turntable wallstand should line up with the left hand FRAIM stack??

Yes, they are cd5xs/flatcap xs with 72/hc/140 into tab 10 signature to be exact :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I agree - especially the tab 10s don’t cause boomy bass in this small room

49 Likes

Well you seem set for the night. Good tunes, great hi fi and a 12 year old scotch.

1 Like

yeah Pete, the shot was from Friday night and the drink and vinyl had these old legs movin’.
Sydeny lockdown, what lockdown??

2 Likes

Tis now, they should have been more serious 3 weeks ago and we may have been over it by now. More time to listen to some music isn’t that bad though :wink:

Only 6 more weeks to go ha :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Awesome. It doesn’t get much better than that! Perfect synergy.

1 Like

Thank you @snarfy

1 Like