System Pics 2021

Thanks go to you then :wink: Oddly, theyā€™re Danish like me but I only learnt about them on this forum.

Hi PSAN, canā€™t say Iā€™ve heard of them either but is there a specific album title, which would be good to order as a sampler please? Best Peter

Yeah, thatā€™s definitely an option worth considering.

1 Like

You can find them on Bandcamp, and listen to their stuff. You can also buy all of their 10 albums for $44 plus vat.

1 Like

I very much like ā€œGentlemenā€.

1 Like

Thank you, seems to be streaming only, oh dear! :roll_eyes:

I will go that path too (282+250DR), instead 555PS for my NDX2. I think XPS DR is good enough, with 282 and 250 I can boost my Audiovectors

2 Likes

Itā€™s available on vinyl on a number of websites (including their own) here in Denmark, that I believe will ship to the UK.

1 Like

Good choice :+1:

2 Likes

You can buy the CD on Bandcamp too.

Thank you HH, just found it and ordered :+1:t3: ATB Peter

Excellent. I may even check it out myself.

1 Like

Sorry, just realised your system is CD based and not vinyl.

1 Like

Hello, and thanks for the insight.
Could you please let me know the size of the room and how mich time you invested for tratment. I will habe a maybe similar sized room by the beginning of 2022 and im intersted how satisfied you areā€¦

Thanks a lotā€¦

I agree. As a Fraim user I just hope my wife doesnā€™t see your set up. It looks stylish and is in balance with your room. What do you think about the Tablettes?

Looks great - much more attractive than the Fraim

Good morning:

The investment in the room is usually forgotten in the equation.

The room size is not important.

Every room needs traps and or diffusers to correct the room.
The goal is to get the room as linear as possible and to correct potential timing issuesā€¦
So, even two traps would be desired if thatā€™s all you can fit, afford, or your significant other says thatā€™s all you get.

This is my third dedicated hifi room with treatment. Iā€™ve learned a great deal in what works, what does not, and what point is the diminishing return in time and moneyā€¦

Normally, it takes me a week to learn the room, do the math, sort out placement of speakers, figure first reflection points, chair distance, and toe in.
Another 2 weeks after playing music to balance out the room with traps.

As the kit improves - the lower the noise floor becomes. If your room is not up the task it becomes very obviousā€¦
If your kit has a noise floor higher than the room as opposed to the room having a noise floor higher than the kit.

I always begin with the Cardas dot com page room setup and speaker setup equations. These resources are still available on their site. Use themā€¦

For traps and great insights into how to set up a room, I call Ethan Winer at RealTraps dot comā€¦ Iā€™ve used his products for decades and swear by their ability. As far as the room is concerned,
the lynch pin in my enjoyment is contained in those traps.
The RealTraps site has a ton of great information how to setup a room.

The mains and room are the two most important metrics that will make or break any hifi.

Hope this helpsā€¦
If you need further assistance we can go offline and speakā€¦

Regards
Marc

1 Like

Getting short on pics againā€¦

8 Likes

Here you go. The antithesis of the glorious pics usually on here!

TT away having a new arm cable fitted.

A bit messy, but itā€™s a WIP, and it sounds great, the new to me Hugo is just amazing

18 Likes

Bass traps, corner bass trapsā€¦.in every positions possible, just donā€™t work for me globally. It gave some pros, but also coins.
It gave me a bit more focussed sound, a bit better defined bass, but at the expense of some life and airiness.
After maybe 3 exhausting weeks of tests, I finally kept only one bass trap.
The biggest benefit was adding Finite elemente cerabases under my speakers.

1 Like