System Pics 2021

Crushing verdict there :smiley:

The only time I miss my KK1 etc. is late at night at very low volume when I listen for 10 mins whilst doing some back exercises. That extra tunefulness was very ā€˜pleasantā€™ like a comforting drink. Soothing more than engaging. Norah Jones never sounded so good.

1 Like

I have the NDS and Linn KK both wired up so can do comparison at press of a buttonā€¦

So far, the Linn KK is very, very similar sounding (IMHO) thru Naim amps to the NDSā€¦as good as and maybe betterā€¦some more days demoing yetā€¦
(and better than the NDX2 that I demoedā€¦)

And it is upgradeable to Organik prob in the coming periodā€¦I have no interest in the ND555, so we will see how the demo goes, and how the bartering goesā€¦ :wink:

(Tried the Selekt Katalyst a few months back, that was boringā€¦)

Enjoy

2 Likes

Hi Bandit, nice to see a set up, where somebody thought out of the box so to speak :+1:t3: ATB Peter

1 Like

Thank you Peter :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I just have the Rega Fono MM, itā€™s a good match for the deck and perfectly adequate for the limited use it gets

looks like a lovely simplicity

1 Like

:relaxed: thatā€™s a good excuse to change loudspeakersā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you Wren :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My wife really loves the look of Isoblue, especially in natural oak. She seems to love the sound that theyā€™re supporting too since sheā€™s still listening some musics with me tonight.

5 Likes

Overall aestethics is great as well Peter, donā€™t understimate you.

Cheers
Roberto

Thatā€™s really interesting. The NDS has a reputation of being a groove machineā€¦.the KDS has massive detailā€¦ Sounds like youā€™re hearing the Naim amps doing their thing, and maybe the extra detail is being flavoured with groove more to your liking than double groove!

I may not live in Yorkshire anymore, but I can still speak Yorkshire :kissing_closed_eyes::joy::joy:

That sounds about right - the KDS is great at detail, so at low volumes it sounds lovely, the Linn system at volume is a different beast in my experience.

1 Like

Thanks Matt, appreciate your comments and experiencesā€¦
I have had the NDS for 4+ yrs, never thought it was short of detail, quite the oppositeā€¦the Linn KK (in my system) has very similar detail, no more, no less to my earsā€¦as you said you have not had an NDSā€¦and I not a Linn KKā€¦

The demo continuesā€¦

Groovy babyā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

Looks great Anthony. Enjoy.

1 Like

Thanks Steve !

1 Like

Agree, good detail a low volume helps. MM carts suffer at low volume the same way to my ears.

Thank you Roberto :+1:t3: Keep well Peter

@Murmur very nice! I have a 12s & 160, although they are the later models with the newer casing. I am very attached to them and will always keep them.

1 Like

Maybe with a little light Sanding.

Bandit, how well does the Nait drive the Alphas?