System Pics 2021

Perhaps Fox related?

1 Like

Very nice Stuart! It is of course, Stob Dearg, overlooking Glen Coe, one of the two Munros that make up the Buachaille Etive Mor. It has several excellent routes up it, my favourite being Curved Ridge - not for you if you don’t like a bit of exposure!

Cheers,

Ian

2 Likes

Beat me to it! :grinning:

1 Like

Well done Ian. Yes, climbed Curved Ridge twice, both in winter. Conditions were so good on one occasion that we didn’t rope up which is unusual for me lol!

1 Like

Our very modest second system in our French house

21 Likes

There are some nice wines oder there :wine_glass:

@swinnerton what model are the Dali’s?

Looks like you drunk a lot of wine last night.

4 Likes

Zensor 1 …they work very well with the Denon.

A friend who bought my Old Hi-fi bought Dali Oberon 1s to go with it and they sound much better than expected given the CD player and amp are 22 years old…

The Linn Klimax DSM/2 demo unit went back today…initial findings to my lugs had the NDS and Klimax ‘neck & neck’…so for the next stage I have arranged a home demo of the new Linn Klimax DSM/3 Organik to give an insight into what an upgraded DSM/2 might sound like when the Organik upgrade is available…

IMG_3900

Enjoy

51 Likes

Finally have an entry level classic, of sorts, system… 112/150 and it sounds quite nice…hicap to follow soon :blossom:

35 Likes

Sure you aren’t called @WhiskyGuy:rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

There’s also another alcove/shelves on t’other side…

:tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

@anon17748768

I may have missed it, but are you planning a home demo of the ND 555?

I mention it only because I found it to be a significant game changer over my NDS.

3 Likes

My fledgling basement/recreation room kit: the Uniti Nova, Focal Aria 936/K2s, Rega Planar 6, in a Salamander Synergy 337 cabinet

37 Likes

Thanks for the reply

I am pretty convinced the ND555 will be better than the NDS…

TBH, my ‘concern’ is that after sinking not an unsubstantial sum into the NDS, now not worth very much/un-supported, would I be doing the same again with a ND555…the Linn looks as if it will be upgradeable/have longevity…???

3 Likes

Lovely setup - You may gain a bit more performance by giving the 552 some space and moving it to the top of the rack.

1 Like

Good recommendation, will definitely give that a shot…so on the very top, leaving the NDS where it is, or moving the NDS down a shelf (where the 552 was…)…

Another couple of pics of our French house interior

17 Likes