System Pics 2021

Oh many thanks. It shouldn’t sound like an apology. Actually I am bit proud of that system. It really took some time finding out which speaker is good for me, good for my room, and good for the atom. Thanks to this forum I found them.

The Atom brought goosebumps and an open mouth when I first enjoyed it.
The Gurus added a deep, satisfied smile on my face and even a little tear in my eyes when playing the right song at the right moment.

Now it is simply time for grooving and rocking - and maybe a pair of fitting stands and decent cables in 2021.

Thanks again and happy new year!

6 Likes

Happy New Year!

Well done Mike for starting the historical system pics thread.

46 Likes

My humble little system but gives me great enjoyment

56 Likes

This may sound like a stupid question,
But how do you keep your burndy cables off the floor.

1 Like

That very issue determined the stacking order - sc/135/135/xps. Even so, they only just miss the floor by about 5mm, but they are hanging loose. Pre-forming the Burndy’s helps too. I should really have a wider gap between the two stacks of Fraim but I think they look better close together.

17 Likes

G

43 Likes

May be modest but I love it to death!

50 Likes

Complete with acoustic dust, amazing upgrade!

46 Likes

Looks smart. Is that the sound organisation rack?

Almost like my set…we can form the Modest Naim Owners Club

2 Likes

Mine? No, it’s a basically Blok but with the wooden bits made from scratch to fit by me, I had planned on adding an extra layer of glass on each level but haven’t got around to it yet

1 Like

Excellent job.

1 Like

I used to have Piega TP5 speakers. A wonderful speaker and quite rare here in the UK.

Mine are TS5 bought when Piega were still fitting the traditional tweeters, I believe they are exclusively ribbon now. Piega are rarely mentioned here but I think that the sound is superb and I’ve never been tempted to change them. A number of electronic changes over the years but the speakers remain…

1 Like

Not sure how long ago that I last posted on this annual thread but although the photos appear to be very similar to previous ones, the NAC252/Supercap DR hs been upgraded to a NAC552 and the NDS/555PS DR has been replaced by a ND555 utilising the same 555PS DR while also adding the Chord EE 8Switch. This coming year I am hoping to replace the Fraimlite rack with the ‘full fat’ Fraim.

!

53 Likes

I can’t do lockdown/quarantine without booze. Not happening.
Might include some dry or at least damp days.

3 Likes

Old pictures but managed a few upgrades since. Karousel replaced the Cirkus bearing, HiLine RCA/DIN IC for Linn Black and the 500 now has Super Lumina XLR/DINs so now full SL throughout.

Fair to say the upgrades have worked a treat giving just more of everything.

93 Likes

Great pictures ! And system too. The CD555 is the nicest Naim box for me.

2 Likes

Thanks FR. Yeah, really happy with the CD555. :+1:t5:

3 Likes

Up until this last week I’ve done 18 months dry not a drop, but over Xmas I had a few ports and to be honest enjoyed them but felt so guilty doing so
So after Sunday because I’m back at work driving up and down the motorways I’ll probably be dry again until next Xmas

3 Likes