System Pics 2021

Love the view/room/natural light. Inspiring on multiple levels.

1 Like

Thanks marcusman. :pray:t5:

1 Like

The year 2020 was full of upgrades-
From CD5X to CORE + ND5XS2 + NDAC + XPS2
And from S 400 to S 600.
Plans for 2021?
Relax, enjoy the music, get out of the Corona frenzy, through the vaccine and get back to the blessed routine.
Happy new year, chaps :tumbler_glass:

36 Likes

I do like those that mix and match manufacturers. Not least as i do. Whilst its great to see 3 Fraims full of Naims finest, it’s also great to see really simple set up.
Many on here use daily their Nait 1s, or 32/110 to drive a modest setup. I can’t help thinking they are truly happy.

And of course those that mix ‘n’ match manufacturers. Not wed to Naim because it matches.

3 Likes

Is it the right temperature for the wines?

Nice system and room!

2 Likes

You don’t need to apologise, it looks a nice system and you can be proud of it. As Ian says we all started from humble beginnings, mine back in the early 1960’s when I was 5 years old with a Dansette so nothing like as good as your nowadays. My first separates system was a Phillips one in the early 1970’s.

I have lost count of all the changes made over the years, some good, some not so but life is an experience and you have to experiment. Be careful though as upgradeitis can be consuming and all you end up with is a different sound, not necessarily a better one. If you are happy with your system, stick with it, buy or stream more music and enjoy it. For me it is one of life real pleasures.
Happy New Year

7 Likes

That’s a nice LP12 plinth.

2 Likes

wow, good going

System for 2021 - Rega RP6 & Rega Fono2, UnitQuteQ2, CB Nait2 and Monitor Audio R252 speakers. The only change in 2020 - my small Sound Factory Tripod replaces the taller Tripod to accommodate the Okki Nokki until a more permanent location can be found.

I intended to improve both sources last year, but due to the roller coaster work situation, those plans now remain on hold for now. Disappointing, but on the bright side, despite its simplicity the system sounds very good indeed, and I was able to keep it fed with new music throughout 2020. Final panoramic image shows system context - room doubles up as a work studio and spare room.

52 Likes

SN2 / CDX2.2 / 250DR / HiCapDR / XPSDR

50 Likes

Just uploaded a couple of pics of my systemPreformatted text
Replaced Wilson Audio Sabrinas with new Sabrina X.
Fantastic speakers was the original Sabrina
System comprises ND555 plus DR 555 PSU.
REGA RP10 with Aphelion cartridge. Naim Superline phono stage.
Preamp Naim 252 plus trusty old Olive supercap which has been upgraded to DR specs and recapped.About 20 years old and still going Strong. Thinking about upgrading to NAC552
Power amp NAP 300 plus power supply plus HDX.
Happy New Year to all

35 Likes

Very nice. I love the Finite Elemente rack!

@Richard.Dane will probably post it in the original thread and delete that one.

1 Like

D9.2? How do you find them? What did you have before?

Focal Sopra 2s before. The Spendors are much cleaner across the board and much clearness to my choice of music - classical and jazz. In some way much closer to my old Epos 25s. As my dealer said, the Focals were closer to rock…not heard in this house! The Spenors also sit in an older house much better.

My updated system, apologies for bad quality picture…

I take this opportunity to ask you for advice and suggestions on how to better organize the power cables: can they all be tied together with a cable clamp? can they be bent and twisted a bit (as suggested for the Naca5) or better to keep them as stretched and elongated as possible?
thanks!
David

16 Likes

… and naim iBL’s

42 Likes

What is the plate that you have on top of the UQ2? Is it for dampening enclosure vibrations?

Thanks Clive. Just waiting for Naim to produce some Fraim levels in Walnut to match the deck now. :smiley:

These were the coolest pictures in the 2020 thread and I doubt there’ll be better ones in 2021. Well done, Sir!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

True - some are good enough and artful enough be used in Naim promotional material.

7 Likes