System Pics 2021

May I ask how you mirror Roon on your TV?
I’ve tried putting the IP into my tv browser but it doesn’t work.

Thankyou in advance.

In the Roon Settings:

2 Likes

You can use a Google Nest Hub as a remote/display as well if you have one.

roon on nest

1 Like

Get yourself a cheapo ChromeCast TV and whack it in one of the HDMI slots of the TV (or AVR).

When you load ROON click on “Display” and you will see the device to launch the artwork too. You can also configure it to launch on music playback automatically.

I managed to fudge it with a Fire TV but it was a faff as you had to launch a specific browser with the remote. ChromeCast is so much easier.

Ironically I can stream ROON music to my Google Hub in the kitchen but for some reason can’t get the artwork on it.

Works fine on my ChromeCast TV though.

Sorry to butt in, I saw you mention getting the Sennheiser Ambeo, we trialed one a few weeks ago, it sounded great, but it is Enormous!! Hope you’ve measured the area it will sit?

Thanks all for your guidance, will explore further.

1 Like

I was thinking more about using it just as a controller and the content actually playing elsewhere.
In the Roon settings did you enable your Nest Hub as a display?

Roon display

Yes I have, thanks. Assuming the Ambeo is still in production by the time we can get to the point of me buying one, it will fit nicely on the M and S “Sonoma” cabinet, which is 1.5m wide.

This is 23cm wider than the Sennheiser. The problem is actually the height, which will necessitate some bodging to get the bottom of the TV to clear the top of the Ambeo.

Unfortunately, there is much to do before buying a soundbar. And a 75in TV etc etc and nauseam :woozy_face: :frowning_face: :woozy_face: :frowning_face:

1 Like

I feel for you my friend! Enjoy the journey.

1 Like

The LP12 and Klimax Radikal on the SVT Bronze. Could be it’s new home. Full Fat Fraim on way to compare.

15 Likes

That’s a nice looking TT. The PU7 is a stunning looking tonearm. And it does such a good job musically too. I’ve heard it on an LP12 and I would say it’s underrated. What do you think of the bass ?

Had a Syrinx PU3 on a pink triangle - back in the day - loved what it did. Such a good design.

Enjoy

KR
R

For a sense of scale when installed, here’s an Ambeo with a 65" TV

4 Likes

That looks great…my 82" makes most soundbars look dinky though so we route HDMI through a node to the SN3.

Hi Max maxbertola, I’m Maurizio, last long time since we seen at my home once for a pair of NAC A5 properly soldered, I see your taste is changed, take the time to write me if you like so, I’ll be happy to be in contact again, ciao

Almost invisible, very nice!

Hi Maurizio,
I will, thanks.

Max

Thanks to an overflowing bath the music room was flooded and is missing in action. Anyway it has motivated me to get my spare headphone system set up to run off Roon via the Apple TV. It’s working nicely and is a good step up from the headphone output of the Nova. The Roon ATV app is pretty sweet to.

8 Likes

Nightmare! Hope the system is ok and you can re-instate the music room quickly and as was. It’s always good to have a back up, just in case.

1 Like

Mike you could be onto something… could be a silver lining to this…

You might be the first to discover the benefit of ‘bathe in’ for cables

2 Likes