System Pics 2021

Resistance is futile
[/quote]

Prepare to be assimilated

I’m running a SN3 with bare NDX2 also, nothing shabby about it whatsoever once paired with the right speakers, my next move is to shift my Spendor A7’s to something less revealing and with better synergy. Re power supplies, I’ve always had an issue with the pricing of the XPSDR and now after the price hike will be around €5k here which is nonsense, Iooking at your system I’d much prefer to buy a P8 with a good cart and a shed load of quality vinyl for the same money. I do fancy a tuner though……

7 Likes

Two boxes, like it! :ok_hand:

Perhaps a colour matched cartridge or mat next?

Just a thought :grinning::+1:

ATB, J

Likewise, also in the SN3+NDX2 club. Everyone on their own journey as we know well but still enjoying what mine gives me when I find the time. It does raise a thought on the longer term viability of the appeal of Naim’s system design where you need a room full of boxes to move audio from A to B.
I’m also jealous of the P8…

2 Likes

It’s perfectly colour matched already - to the painting that hangs on the wall just above. There is method in the madness!

18 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

The ‘right speakers’ is key, I think. When I bought the Supernait I swapped my SL2s for the little ProAcs and they work really well together. It’s all about getting a system where all the bits work together and which fits your room and lifestyle. I’d recommend a tuner to anyone, fantastic sound for very little. The NAT 02 is 30 years old and a nice connection to the Naim of old.

8 Likes

Looking good!

You are SO biased Thomas :smirk: Can’t wait to hear your report :+1:t3: Best Peter

1 Like

Totally! :joy:

The ‘right speakers’ - Great point, well made, especially the word ‘right’.

Since moving to my current system from a SuperUniti, I have frequently been advised/suggested/recommended that my PMC Twenty 23’s need to be bettered/upgraded to get the ‘best’ from it.

Might be true, but I have yet to find a replacement that is suitable for my room geometry that also, to my ears, offers a substantial step up in my enjoyment…… the 23’s appear just right for both the room and my listening.

Just my tanner’s worth,

ATB, J

1 Like

Who is the artist Nigel?
Lovely picture.

Absolutely, the A7’s are very good but crying out for separates to shine properly, I won’t be going there so the plan is to change speakers to suit, very possibly Classic 3/1’s which I had on demo and were a better match and an easier listen, I think I discovered I prefer standmounts too for some reason, anyway we digress……back to pics!

1 Like

A good example and lesson to us all for when/if our hearing declines: Don’t give up, adapt.

1 Like

I’d say that the twenty.23s are absolutely ideal for your electronics. No need to ‘improve’ them whatsoever.

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s by the Cornish artist Neil Davies. I buy the hifi and Mrs HH buys the art.

2 Likes

Fair arrangement methinks.

Pretty standard, non unique Classic series stack. Kudos 606.

Sounds pretty good to me.

43 Likes

Great looking rack bluenose :+1:t3: ATB Peter

2 Likes