System Pics 2021

Lovely Isoblue… :heart_eyes:

Not mine, that’s HH’s

Well… even so… the Isoblue is still quite nice… :thinking:

I have the Paradigm P80IW in walls and the P65R in the ceiling.
Using and older Mirage Center channel in the cabinet with a mirage subwoofer connected to the AVR. I have four Mirage prestige elites doing the surround duties. I have to admit Dolby Atmos at home is an amazing experience…

1 Like

I still waiting for my lottery winnings to come in…:grinning:.
That’s a very nice set up

Making a mix tape :slight_smile:
The Nak could do with a service tho

44 Likes

That’s great! It’s nice to see a mix of manufacturers in one system.

I miss making mix tapes, and compiling a playlist for streaming just doesn’t cut it for me, Luddite that I am. Perhaps it’s time for me to get a Nak in my life. Where do you get them serviced/repaired?

4 Likes

…hope that wall is strong!

Solid as a rock :slight_smile:

1 Like

I miss cassette players in cars. They were so much fun.

4 Likes

Especially when you removed the cassette and ended up what seemed like miles of tape strewn around the car !!

1 Like

Fortunately that never happened to me in any car, but it did happen in a cheap portable machine I had once. Thank goodness for pencils!

Now you mention it, it does have something of a Starship Enterprise look about it.

I was having similar thoughts. The shelf has a very shallow back and that turntable isn’t light. I imagine you are using real bolts. It would worry me too much to have a heavy deck on the wall. Clearly it works though, and that’s what matters.

1 Like

I like your TT light :+1: (the rest not bad either)

Assuming it’s a minimum of 10mm Rawl bolts into plain concrete blocks (defo not Thermalight or similar insulation blocks!) the wall shelf won’t fail.

Yeah - 6 x heavy duty fixings (can’t remember the length) into solid brick.
It’s been up for 3 years, and the Kronos has been on for two. No dramas so far.

I am thinking of going with a Fraim, at which point I’ll give it a top shelf on one of those :slight_smile:

1 Like

And there’s me, thinking it should be OCD…:roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Yes, but if you have OCD, then you need the letters arranged alphabetically, hence CDO.

2 Likes

lol, or randomly if you didn’t much care.

I wanted to move the Innuos Phoenix Net onto the dedicated mains spur. Sounds simple but wasn’t as I had no free mains sockets…

So I added a Musicworks G4 mains block and moved the S1 pre from the wall socket to the G4. Also connected to the G4 are the two PSUs for the ND555 and the Supercap DR for the SNAXO BMR.

The original Musicworks G3 has the the NAP 300DRs plugged into it plus the Phoenix Net.

Why are they on Fraim shelves? Well there wasn’t space to put both the G3 and G4 on the floor in that corner. I had a base and 2 standard shelves in the loft which meant I needed another one.

My switch and streamer are at the other end of the room, both connected to the standard mains supply. The 8m Audioquest Cinnamon ethernet cable luckily reached from the switch to the Phoenix Net but I did need another 2m Cinnamon from that to the ND555. Of course they don’t make them in 2m lengths, either 1.5 or 3, so had to go for 3.

Did say it wasn’t straightforward :slight_smile:

46 Likes