System Pics 2021

How’s the sugden sounding I miss my old 21 cracking amp at a sensible price for what you get music wise

when I bought it, I immediately started looking for a phono preamp thinking that the internal one was not up to par. instead I had to change my mind and using the Dynavector 10x5 directly in the Sugden phono MM I got a great balanced sound.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear, it’s all to easy to go down the rabbit hole of ‘upgrades’ instead of keeping a system simple and straightforward and enjoying the music!

3 Likes

I loved my Response D2s. I didn’t have the ribbons. Great speakers.

2 Likes

For late night sessions, SP2000 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

They look lovely. The natural oak finish is really nice. The D2s must be great; I have only their smaller siblings.

19 Likes

I believe the forest woofers are from Dynaudio, or at least they used to be.

1 Like

They sure look like it. Audio technology.

I think the Forest woofers are from HiVi Research but the small Model 1s may have Dynaudio 15W75 woofers and the Mani 2s have 17W75XL woofers.

I thought Dynaudio makes all their drivers in house. I would be surprised if they sell units to other manufacturers. Unless Dynaudio and Totem are linked in some way.

When Totem started as a company, Dynaudio (also Focal) used to sell their drivers for the DIY market and for other loudspeaker companies. Totem like others only took advantage of this.

1 Like

Tab Sigs are phenomenal, this was my previous speaker, I had them in Rosewood and I really wanted to buy the D2R’s with the same veneer, as the colours of the furniture in my room are very similar, kind of reddish, but when I realised the premium option was 500 GBP more, I thought it was too much. With the Tabs the difference between standard and premium is 200 pounds, so it was easier to digest the extra cost. I was wondering whether to get them in Walnut or Oak, but the latter won it for me.

1 Like

Nothing new in the home office system but just posting a pic of the system that gives me much pleasure while being in extended work-from-home mode (almost 2 years now …). The Krystal has been working hard and after 4 years is now headed for retirement with a new one having just been ordered.

30 Likes

Crazy idea. Will demo next days Majik 140 active with Linn Akurate Hub :upside_down_face::crazy_face:

Christmas decorations sorted

13 Likes

Patiently waiting for Santa to bring them a 300DR.

G

30 Likes

Love how clean this looks :sunglasses:

1 Like

Really like this room, nice work.

1 Like

Get the 606’s

Can I politely ask, why?

Is it showing signs of wear with a deteriorating sound quality?

Are you replacing due solely to age or the number of hours it has been used?

Any other reason?

Interested as mine has now had 2.5 years moderate use & sounds as good now as the day it was installed.